• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-09T18:28:39Z by brcowan
Cleardoctor
Cleardoctor
20 Posts

Pinned topic MVFS admin previliges

‏2013-09-04T13:24:13Z |

Question:

When I try to check case preserving and case insensitive in MVFS tab on clearcase, it is giving an error "Updating Registry Requires Administrative Privileges" The question is: Since I am the admin of my PC and there is none other admin,is there any location where I can permit myself to change the admin previleges on this registry?

cheers !!

• adbdkb
    adbdkb
    11 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: MVFS admin previliges

‏2013-09-04T13:51:28Z  

This is what our windows admins informed me -  Even logged in as an admin when you click on ClearCase control panel Icon it opens it with user rights.

To Fix this particular issue,

Hold Shift Key down, Right Click on ClearCase admin control panel icon and select Run as Admin.

This allows you to check Case Preserving and apply it and that works.

• adbdkb
    adbdkb
    11 Posts

‏2013-09-04T13:51:28Z  

This is what our windows admins informed me -  Even logged in as an admin when you click on ClearCase control panel Icon it opens it with user rights.

Hold Shift Key down, Right Click on ClearCase admin control panel icon and select Run as Admin.

• brcowan
    brcowan
    763 Posts

‏2013-09-09T18:28:39Z  
    • adbdkb
    • ‏2013-09-04T13:51:28Z

Just a small comment: In the current releases, if User Account Control is enabled, you "should" get the UAC prompt when opening the control panel.