Topic
10 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-10-24T15:38:01Z by AAPJ_Claus_Klingberg
davidliu
davidliu
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Maven dependency problem in was-liberty-8.5.5.pom?

‏2013-06-17T12:15:55Z |

It looks like there are some maven dependency problems in http://public.dhe.ibm.com/ibmdl/export/pub/software/websphere/wasdev/maven/repository/com/ibm/tools/target/was-liberty/8.5.5/was-liberty-8.5.5.pom

file, all the dependencies in that file says group id: com.ibm.websphere.liberty.*, should it be: com.ibm.websphere.appserver.api?

Please shed some light.

Thanks in advance.

• rsanchezh
    rsanchezh
    26 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Maven dependency problem in was-liberty-8.5.5.pom?

‏2013-06-19T18:32:12Z  in response to davidliu

Thank you for reporting this. We are working on this issue and will provide more information as soon as we have it.

• AAPJ_Claus_Klingberg
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-11T16:34:24Z  in response to davidliu

We've been running into this issue as well. Using the newest version of the liberty-maven-plugin the liberty-profile libaries cannot be resolved by maven.

Any help / updates on this issue?

thanks,

Claus

• rsanchezh
    rsanchezh
    26 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-17T20:20:48Z  in response to davidliu

The reported files were updated to use the com.ibm.websphere.appserver.api group id.

• AAPJ_Claus_Klingberg
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-23T15:37:52Z  in response to rsanchezh

Hi rsanchezh,

thanks for looking into this! I have tried again installing the maven-plugin for liberty - this time it worked for about half of the jar-libraries. But there are still some jars (especially those with com.ibm.*.ws.javaee.*) that can't be resolved!

Can you fix those (23 in total) as well? I have attached a screen-shot of the build-path dialog in Eclipse.

thanks again,

Claus

• Chuck_Bridgham
        Chuck_Bridgham
        3 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-23T18:44:33Z  in response to AAPJ_Claus_Klingberg

In addition to the target pom files, we distributed "installer pom's" that locally populates your Maven repository with the missing jar's from a local Liberty installation.   The process is explained here:  http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/radhelp/v9/topic/com.ibm.etools.maven.doc/topics/localrepo.html

Also grab the latest version of the installer pom's here:  http://public.dhe.ibm.com/ibmdl/export/pub/software/websphere/wasdev/maven/repository/com/ibm/tools/target/was.liberty.installer/

Thanks - Chuck

• AAPJ_Claus_Klingberg
          5 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-24T13:00:26Z  in response to Chuck_Bridgham

Hi Chuck,

thanks for your suggestion - I successfully downloaded the updated installer-pom and ran it using the maven commandline; the script downloaded and copied a lot of jar-files.
          I then refreshed my Liberty-project, but still had 19 missing artifacts in the maven-dependencies:

Missing artifact com.ibm.websphere.appserver.thirdparty:com.ibm.websphere.appserver.thirdparty.jaxrs:jar:1.0.2    pom.xml    /a3s    line 2    Maven Dependency Problem
          Missing artifact com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee:com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee.annotation.1.1:jar:1.0.1    pom.xml    /a3s    line 2    Maven Dependency Problem
          Missing artifact com.ibm.websphere.appserver.thirdparty:com.ibm.websphere.appserver.thirdparty.jpa:jar:1.0.1    pom.xml    /a3s    line 2    Maven Dependency Problem
          Missing artifact com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee:com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee.jaxrs.1.1:jar:1.0.1    pom.xml    /a3s    line 2    Maven Dependency Problem
          Missing artifact com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee:com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee.el.2.2:jar:1.0.2    pom.xml    /a3s    line 2    Maven Dependency Problem
          Missing artifact com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee:com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee.jsf.tld:jar:1.0.1    pom.xml    /a3s    line 2    Maven Dependency Problem
          Missing artifact com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee:com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee.jsf.2.0:jar:1.0.2    pom.xml    /a3s    line 2    Maven Dependency Problem
          Missing artifact com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee:com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee.jsp.tld.2.2:jar:1.0.1    pom.xml    /a3s    line 2    Maven Dependency Problem
          Missing artifact com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaeecocom.ibm.websphere.appserver.wsavaee:com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee.interceptor.1.1:jar:1.0.0    pom.xml    /a3s    line 2    Maven Dependency Problem
          Missing artifact com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee:com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee.ejb.3.1:jar:1.0.0    pom.xml    /a3s    line 2    Maven Dependency Problem
          Missing artifact com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee:com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee.cdi.1.0:jar:1.0.0    pom.xml    /a3s    line 2    Maven Dependency Problem
          Missing artifact com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws:org.osgi.core.4.2.0:jar:1.0.1    pom.xml    /a3s    line 2    Maven Dependency Problem
          Missing artifact com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws:org.osgi.cmpn.4.2.0:jar:1.0.1    pom.xml    /a3s    line 2    Maven Dependency Problem
          Missing artifact com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee:com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee.validation.1.0:jar:1.0.1    pom.xml    /a3s    line 2    Maven Dependency Problem
          Missing artifact com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee:com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee.transaction.1.1:jar:1.0.1    pom.xml    /a3s    line 2    Maven Dependency Problem
          Missing artifact com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee:com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee.servlet.3.0:jar:1.0.1    pom.xml    /a3s    line 2    Maven Dependency Problem
          Missing artifact com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee:com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee.persistence.2.0:jar:1.0.1    pom.xml    /a3s    line 2    Maven Dependency Problem
          Missing artifact com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee:com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee.jstl.1.2:jar:1.0.1    pom.xml    /a3s    line 2    Maven Dependency Problem
          Missing artifact com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee:com.ibm.websphere.appserver.ws.javaee.jsp.2.2:jar:1.0.0    pom.xml    /a3s    line 2    Maven Dependency Problem

So, most libraries can be resolved, but some not - when I look into the local repository-structure, the missing files are there but somehow maven doesn't find them :(

I even rebuild the whole project but every time the same missing artifacts show up.

Any other hint is appreciated, anything else I can take a look at?

thanks,
          Claus

• rsanchezh
            rsanchezh
            26 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-24T17:26:31Z  in response to AAPJ_Claus_Klingberg

Hello Claus,

Which version of Liberty are you using? One way to find this is by opening the README.txt file located in the root folder of the Liberty installation.

Do you see in your liberty install the files mentioned above? For example, do you see this file? (${was.install.dir} is the install directory of Liberty

${was.install.dir}/dev/api/third-party/com.ibm.websphere.appserver.thirdparty.jaxrs_1.0.2.jar

Also, do you see this folder in your local repository? If yes, what is its content? (note: ~ is you home directory)

~\.m2\repository\com\ibm\websphere\appserver\thirdparty\com.ibm.websphere.appserver.thirdparty.jaxrs\1.0.2

• AAPJ_Claus_Klingberg
              5 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-25T12:06:27Z  in response to rsanchezh

Hi rsanchezh,

here is the information you asked for:

> Which version of Liberty are you using?

$ head -n1 ~/IBM/WebSphere/Liberty/README.TXT
              WebSphere Application Server Version 8.5.5.0 Liberty Profile - (8.5.5.0-20130510-0831)

> Do you see in your liberty install the files mentioned above?

Yes, the file is there:

$ ls -la ~/IBM/WebSphere/Liberty//dev/api/third-party/com.ibm.websphere.appserver.thirdparty.jaxrs_1.0.2.jar

-rw-r--r-- 1 vagrant vagrant 1832458 May 14 13:13 /home/vagrant/IBM/WebSphere/Liberty//dev/api/third-party/com.ibm.websphere.appserver.thirdparty.jaxrs_1.0.2.jar

> Also, do you see this folder in your local repository? If yes, what is its content?

The directory exists and here is the content:

ls -la ~/.m2/repository/com/ibm/websphere/appserver/thirdparty/com.ibm.websphere.appserver.thirdparty.jaxrs/1.0.2

total 1808
              drwxrwxr-x 2 vagrant vagrant    4096 Jul 24 13:40 .
              drwxrwxr-x 3 vagrant vagrant    4096 Jul 24 13:40 ..
              -rw-rw-r-- 1 vagrant vagrant 1832458 May 14 13:13 com.ibm.websphere.appserver.thirdparty.jaxrs-1.0.2.jar
              -rw-rw-r-- 1 vagrant vagrant     526 Jul 24 13:40 com.ibm.websphere.appserver.thirdparty.jaxrs-1.0.2.pom
              -rw-rw-r-- 1 vagrant vagrant     241 Jul 24 14:54 _maven.repositories

Except for Maven (I'm using the m2e-plugin, newest version) Liberty Profile is running without errors inside Eclipse + Developer-Tools. I'm developing a Web-App using JAX-RS + JPA (all libraries from Liberty Profile runtime).

No idea why only some of the libraries cause problems when using maven-dependencies.

Thanks for your help so far,

Claus

• RicardoVillanueva
              RicardoVillanueva
              3 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-01T12:48:58Z  in response to rsanchezh

Hello rsanchezh

I have the same problem, so, I can't find I way to use maven with liberty projects.

Help.

Greetings.

• AAPJ_Claus_Klingberg
                5 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-24T15:38:01Z  in response to RicardoVillanueva

Hi Ricardo,

well, my initial problem is still unresolved, though I'm starting to believe it might be OS-related. I'm running Eclipse / Liberty on Ubuntu-Linux 12.10.

There might be issues in resolving the home-path through the ~ shortcut, but that is just guessing.

On what platform are you running?

regards,

Claus