Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2018-12-12T17:40:49Z by ApoorvJ
kungerer
kungerer
3 Posts

Pinned topic How to avoid automatic reconnect to data sources at startup?

‏2015-01-08T15:20:43Z |

My question is about the following scenario.

I close Data Studio (4.1.1 / Linux) with some SQL Script files open that are connected to various data sources. When I startup Data Studio again I get the error message "Could not accept changes - The currently displayed page contains invalid values" and am asked to provide my password for the data source (which I don't want to store in Data Studio).

How can I make Data Studio not to automatically try reconnecting to the previous data sources at startup? I'd like to have Data Studio ask me for the password when I run a query - not at startup. Is that possible?

Thanks.

• zhenxli
    zhenxli
    1 Post

Re: How to avoid automatic reconnect to data sources at startup?

‏2015-01-08T16:09:02Z  

Hi kungerer, 

You can change the option from Automatically reconnect to Prompt before reconnecting at   Window -> Preferences -> Data Management ->Connectivity-->Connection Management  panel.  Hope this can help you.  thanks

Attachments

• kungerer
    kungerer
    3 Posts

‏2015-01-09T10:24:51Z  
    • zhenxli
    • ‏2015-01-08T16:09:02Z

Hi kungerer, 

You can change the option from Automatically reconnect to Prompt before reconnecting at   Window -> Preferences -> Data Management ->Connectivity-->Connection Management  panel.  Hope this can help you.  thanks

Thanks for the hint. Unfortunately it did not change the behavior. I still get the same error.

• ApoorvJ
    ApoorvJ
    1 Post

‏2018-12-12T17:40:49Z  

Hi kungerer,
    You can change this behaviour by unchecking the "Datatools Common UI Plug-in" checkbox present in Window -> Preferences -> General -> Startup and Shutdown.
    Hope this helps.

Attachments