Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2017-03-24T18:33:13Z by Casey Cantwell
brynprice25
brynprice25
21 Posts

Pinned topic Documents - Migrating from one Environment to Another

‏2017-03-06T14:52:23Z | document migration

Is it possible to migrate documents from one TRIRIGA environment to another?

• Casey Cantwell
    Casey Cantwell
    177 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Documents - Migrating from one Environment to Another

‏2017-03-24T18:33:13Z  

Is there a non-OM way using Integration Objects or something else? We have changed from one production environment to another. Originally users did not need to move any data across and were "happy" to re-create the data in new production. However now they want to migrate the uploaded capital project documents (a couple thousand). I guess providing the Project ID from original and Project  ID in new.

There are lots of options in migrating Documents into a system without using OM.  You can use our standard API's, OSLC, and also leverage integration object.

• Casey Cantwell
    Casey Cantwell
    177 Posts

‏2017-03-08T22:54:48Z  

Yes, documents can be migrated from one environment to another, but I would recommend that you focus on 'system' documents like Birt Reports, or Excel sheets used for offline processes.  I would not use OM to migrate documents in large quanities.

• brynprice25
    brynprice25
    21 Posts

‏2017-03-13T17:09:07Z  

Yes, documents can be migrated from one environment to another, but I would recommend that you focus on 'system' documents like Birt Reports, or Excel sheets used for offline processes.  I would not use OM to migrate documents in large quanities.

Is there a non-OM way using Integration Objects or something else? We have changed from one production environment to another. Originally users did not need to move any data across and were "happy" to re-create the data in new production. However now they want to migrate the uploaded capital project documents (a couple thousand). I guess providing the Project ID from original and Project  ID in new.

• Casey Cantwell
    Casey Cantwell
    177 Posts

‏2017-03-24T18:33:13Z  

There are lots of options in migrating Documents into a system without using OM.  You can use our standard API's, OSLC, and also leverage integration object.