• 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-04T13:58:05Z by bsosale
bsosale
bsosale
22 Posts

Pinned topic Issue with opening an Ency after installing 11.4.2.3

‏2013-10-01T14:56:08Z |

Hi All,

We installed 11.4.2.3 this week on out test server.

Now when I open the first Encylopedia it works well. But when I go to File -> Open Encyclopedia and select another Ency it kind of stops at Opening Encyclopedia. I have to kill the sa session.

Have anyone have this issue?

We are in a terminal service Environment using Windows.

Thanks in advance

Bala

• Marquis
    Marquis
    5 Posts

Re: Issue with opening an Ency after installing 11.4.2.3

‏2013-10-03T14:41:14Z  

Hi Bala,

What message is displayed in the bottom left hand corner of the System Architect window when it hangs?  Are there any pop up messages, or messages that appear in the log window while SA attempts to open the encyclopedia?  Did this encyclopedia open successfully in the previous version of System Architect?

Thanks,

Patrick

• bsosale
    bsosale
    22 Posts

‏2013-10-03T16:14:50Z  
    • Marquis
    • ‏2013-10-03T14:41:14Z

Hi Bala,

What message is displayed in the bottom left hand corner of the System Architect window when it hangs?  Are there any pop up messages, or messages that appear in the log window while SA attempts to open the encyclopedia?  Did this encyclopedia open successfully in the previous version of System Architect?

Thanks,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Just I see "opening Encyclopedia" on the left bottom corner

yes it did work in the previous versions of Ency.

After the first Ency opens and close, I can't open any others.

Thanks

Bala

• Frank OKeefe
    Frank OKeefe
    13 Posts

‏2013-10-03T19:33:32Z  
    • bsosale
    • ‏2013-10-03T16:14:50Z

Hi Patrick,

Just I see "opening Encyclopedia" on the left bottom corner

yes it did work in the previous versions of Ency.

After the first Ency opens and close, I can't open any others.

Thanks

Bala

Hi Bala,

Just to confirm, on the Open Encyclopedia page, is this encyclopedia located on the same <hostname><SQL instance name>

as the encyclopedia you could open successfully?  (located on Connection column)

Are these encyclopedias of type Professional?

Can you open System Architect Encyclopedia Manager (SAEM) and connect to this server and see this encyclopedia?

There is white space with a drop down menu to select the encyclopedia names from.

In SAEM, under Tools -> Event Viewer

Is there any information there?

Just to confirm, you are NOT using dual monitors?

Thanks,

Frank

• bsosale
    bsosale
    22 Posts

‏2013-10-03T20:00:32Z  

Hi Bala,

Just to confirm, on the Open Encyclopedia page, is this encyclopedia located on the same <hostname><SQL instance name>

as the encyclopedia you could open successfully?  (located on Connection column)

Are these encyclopedias of type Professional?

Can you open System Architect Encyclopedia Manager (SAEM) and connect to this server and see this encyclopedia?

There is white space with a drop down menu to select the encyclopedia names from.

In SAEM, under Tools -> Event Viewer

Is there any information there?

Just to confirm, you are NOT using dual monitors?

Thanks,

Frank

Hi Frank,

One is Enterprise and one is Professional.

Even after I exited the first Encyclopedia it closes and SA hangs I can't really do anything.

There is nothing in Event Viewer under SAEM

Bala

• Marquis
    Marquis
    5 Posts

‏2013-10-03T21:24:31Z  
    • bsosale
    • ‏2013-10-03T20:00:32Z

Hi Frank,

One is Enterprise and one is Professional.

Even after I exited the first Encyclopedia it closes and SA hangs I can't really do anything.

There is nothing in Event Viewer under SAEM

Bala

Hi Bala,

Which encyclopedia is hanging when you try to open it, the Enterprise or Professional one?

Thanks,

Patrick

• bsosale
    bsosale
    22 Posts

‏2013-10-03T21:34:51Z  
    • Marquis
    • ‏2013-10-03T21:24:31Z

Hi Bala,

Which encyclopedia is hanging when you try to open it, the Enterprise or Professional one?

Thanks,

Patrick

Patrick.

I will  say both. Whichever I opens first. exiting that ency could be the problem. It happens to both.

very weird

Bala

• Marquis
    Marquis
    5 Posts

‏2013-10-03T22:01:11Z  
    • bsosale
    • ‏2013-10-03T21:34:51Z

Patrick.

I will  say both. Whichever I opens first. exiting that ency could be the problem. It happens to both.

very weird

Bala

Hi Bala,

That is weird.  One encyclopedia should not impact the other like that.  Since at least one is an enterprise encyclopedia, could you open the Catalog Manager and, if prompted,  upgrade the Catalog?  After that, try to open both encyclopedias again. 

Was the upgrade of SA done as an Administrator?  Also, do you have SQL Admin rights with the account you are using to open these encyclopedias?  Also, as Frank asked, are you using dual monitors?  One other question: Are you able to access this system directly, without Windows Terminal Services?  If so, is the problem still seen?

-Patrick

• bsosale
    bsosale
    22 Posts

‏2013-10-04T13:58:05Z  
    • Marquis
    • ‏2013-10-03T22:01:11Z

Hi Bala,

That is weird.  One encyclopedia should not impact the other like that.  Since at least one is an enterprise encyclopedia, could you open the Catalog Manager and, if prompted,  upgrade the Catalog?  After that, try to open both encyclopedias again. 

Was the upgrade of SA done as an Administrator?  Also, do you have SQL Admin rights with the account you are using to open these encyclopedias?  Also, as Frank asked, are you using dual monitors?  One other question: Are you able to access this system directly, without Windows Terminal Services?  If so, is the problem still seen?

-Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I did the reinstall and we might have missed doing the upgrade using an admin id for one of the Ency.

I am trying all over again and will post the reply soon.

Thanks for your help and also thanks Frank.

Bala