Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
No replies
RWahlman
RWahlman
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic .NET 4 Connecting to Informix 11

‏2013-05-15T20:43:15Z |

Hello All,

I've been beating my head against some Informix errors for a couple days now and my head is spinning. My situation: I am moving an application to a new server (Server 2008 R2) that was developed in VS2012 (.NET 4.0) and that needs to connect to an Informix 11 database. A year ago when I built the application I believe I used the clientsdk.3.70.TC5DE.WIN_32 install (installed to Program Files (x86) and referencing C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM Informix Client SDK\bin\netf20\IBM.Data.Informix.dll). This setup still works correctly when I am testing the application locally, but it doesn't work when I deploy to my server, which is configured the same way. My error message is: "The exception message is 'The type initializer for 'IBM.Data.Informix.IfxConnection' threw an exception."

So a couple questions:

1.     1. Which Client SDK should I be using?

2.     2. Should I be installing in Program Files or Program Files (x86)?

3.     3. Which Informix .dll should I be using?

4.     4. Is there a way to not have to install any files on the server, but have all necessary files in the application?

Thank you for your time and any help you can give!

Russell