• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2016-05-02T03:18:02Z by Ayush_tachyon
RajaJahanzeb
RajaJahanzeb
3 Posts

Pinned topic Packet Capture Virtual Appliance- Password not accepted

‏2015-05-27T11:30:45Z | capture packet

Hi,

We have downloaded packet capture iso from SAC which says RHEL OS but when we run the VM it starts starts in Debain OS and that too as a live image and no option to install. Furthermore, it and is not also accepting root or "continuum" default password "P@ck3t08..

Anyone experienced the same or any idea are we usign the correct appliance?

• JonathanPechtaIBM
    JonathanPechtaIBM
    7 Posts

Re: Packet Capture Virtual Appliance- Password not accepted

‏2015-05-28T12:26:50Z  

RajaJahanzeb,

QRadar Packet Capture is an appliance only product at this time for version 7.2.4. We do not sell, nor do we support software installs of QRadar Packet Capture for version 7.2.4 on your own hardware. We do not support virtualized QRadar Packet Capture. You should contact your sales representative to discuss this issue further.

• RajaJahanzeb
    RajaJahanzeb
    3 Posts

‏2015-05-28T20:09:36Z  

RajaJahanzeb,

QRadar Packet Capture is an appliance only product at this time for version 7.2.4. We do not sell, nor do we support software installs of QRadar Packet Capture for version 7.2.4 on your own hardware. We do not support virtualized QRadar Packet Capture. You should contact your sales representative to discuss this issue further.

Thanks JP,

I'm assuming neither virtual nor custom hardware is supported for any thype of PCAP iso that exists on SAC ?

• Aaron_Breen(IBM)
    Aaron_Breen(IBM)
    3 Posts

‏2015-05-28T21:47:45Z  

Thanks JP,

I'm assuming neither virtual nor custom hardware is supported for any thype of PCAP iso that exists on SAC ?

Not sure what SAC stands for but Jonathan is correct, for the PCAP device it must be an appliance. 

• RajaJahanzeb
    RajaJahanzeb
    3 Posts

‏2015-05-29T05:37:30Z  

Not sure what SAC stands for but Jonathan is correct, for the PCAP device it must be an appliance. 

Aaron, 

SAC means software access catalog

• Naveed Anjum Sadiq
    Naveed Anjum Sadiq
    1 Post

‏2015-05-29T06:45:38Z  

RajaJahanzeb,

Hi Jonathan,

In my opinion it seems that the appliances to whom we need to connect SPAN port e.g. PCAP and QFlow, we don't have Virtual Offering.

Is it so?

• Ayush_tachyon
    Ayush_tachyon
    5 Posts

‏2016-05-02T03:18:02Z  

Hi Jonathan,

In my opinion it seems that the appliances to whom we need to connect SPAN port e.g. PCAP and QFlow, we don't have Virtual Offering.

Is it so?

Hello!

I am new to QRadar PCAP and I am facing the same issue as reported above while trying to install the QRadar PCAP. I am facing exactly the same issue - on booting from the PCAP iso, it runs some installers and then appears to run a live image of the debian linux image and I am unable to even login with the root account!

I checked the customer entitlement and it clearly says "IBM Security QRadar Packet Capture Software Install License + SW Subscription & Support 12 Months". I therefore think that the software install must be supported! Also, see this link:

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS42VS_7.2.5/com.ibm.qradar.doc_7.2.5/t_qif_pac_sw_inst.html?lang=en

How did you guys finally install QRadar PCAP? Appreciate if anyone can guide me how to go about installing the QRadar PCAP installation procedure.

Thanks in advance!