• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-01-29T22:44:52Z by Sathyanesh
cblakley
cblakley
2 Posts

Pinned topic Informix Error Invalid Message received during connection attempt

‏2014-01-29T19:07:51Z |

Good afternoon,

In a .net C# application, I am simply trying to open an IfxConnection.   After calling the connection.Open() method, I get this error:

IBM.Data.Informix.IfxException (0x80004005): ERROR [HY000][Informix.NET provider][Informix]Invalid message received during connection attempt. at IBM.Data.Informix.DBCWrapper..ctor(IfxConnection connection) at IBM.Data.Informix.IfxConnectionPool.IfxConnPoolNode..ctor(IfxConnection connection) at IBM.Data.Informix.IfxConnectionPool.OpenNewConnection(IfxConnection connection, ConnectionPoolType, ConnPoolType) at IBM.Data.Informix.IfxConnectionPool.Open(IfxConnection connection) at IBM.Data.Informix.IfxConnPoolManager.Open(IfxConnection connection) at IBM.Data.Informix.IfxConnection.Open() at informix_Test.Form1.TestConnection() in C:\...\Form1.cs:line 608

I've looked all over and found similar error message and their solutions, but I cannot find anthing regarding this invalid message error.

Thanks,

C

• Sathyanesh
    Sathyanesh
    17 Posts

Re: Informix Error Invalid Message received during connection attempt

‏2014-01-29T21:49:12Z  

Can you please give us some more information about the system and 'bit architecture' for the following.
    The CSDK version.
    The .NET FW
    The Operating System.

• cblakley
    cblakley
    2 Posts

‏2014-01-29T22:24:01Z  

Can you please give us some more information about the system and 'bit architecture' for the following.
    The CSDK version.
    The .NET FW
    The Operating System.

Thank you,

CSDK version is 4.10

.net FW 4.5

OS is Windows Server 2008R2

• Sathyanesh
    Sathyanesh
    17 Posts

‏2014-01-29T22:44:52Z  
    • cblakley
    • ‏2014-01-29T22:24:01Z

Thank you,

CSDK version is 4.10

.net FW 4.5

OS is Windows Server 2008R2

The CSDK 410 xC2 has added .NET FW 4x support, you may choose this version.
    Informix .NET provider available at $CsdkInstall\bin\netf40 has support for .NET FW 4x.
    Please make sure the application is making reference to the provider from this location.

FYI:
    If you are using 64bit OS then you may chose 64bit version of the CSDK.
    Make sure 64bit architecture is selected on your application project as well.