Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-23T11:52:06Z by smithha
DR1R_Stuart_Norton
DR1R_Stuart_Norton
6 Posts

Pinned topic Direct URL to filter DQC exception descriptors?

‏2013-10-21T23:22:44Z |

Hi all,

Is there a way to directly access a sub-set of exception descriptors in the DQC?

If you go to the exception page using http://nzdeveis01:9080/ibm/iis/dqc/static/js/release/emc/app/templates/index.jsp#exceptionsWS

you get all of the exception descriptors. The search options are on the left.

Is there a way to supply the URL as above, but with some added filtering directly in the URL?

eg:

http://nzdeveis01:9080/ibm/iis/dqc/static/js/release/emc/app/templates/index.jsp#exceptionsWS?Search=MyExceptionDescriptorName

Cheers,

Stuart.

• smithha
    smithha
    162 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Direct URL to filter DQC exception descriptors?

‏2013-10-23T11:52:06Z  

Hi Harald,

Thanks for the response.

I'm actually looking for the ability to provide a stateless URL that contains the filter info in the URL, and that would take you directly to the exception descriptor screen. The same way you can use the RID of a BG object in the dossierview URL, to go straight to the page from anywhere.

That way you could use that link in a more general issue register like Jira or RTC to go straight to the exception descriptors that relate to the rule that shows the issue.

Cheers,

Stuart.

Hi Stuart,

That does not appear to be an option today.  I've forwarded your note to the Product Manager, though, to consider as an enhancement request.

Harald

• smithha
    smithha
    162 Posts

‏2013-10-22T20:12:43Z  

Hi Stuart,

There is some capability to support this (at least if I'm understanding what you are looking for).

On the Exception Descriptor screen where it lists the search options on the left and exception descriptors on the right, you can enter a value in the Search box which can serve to filter down to a subset containing the value entered.  If you like the results, you can Save the Search criteria with the option to make it generally available. The Saved Search criteria will appear on the initial Dashboard allowing you to go directly to that selection.  And you can save multiple criteria for ease of use. 

Is that at the level you are looking for?

Harald

• DR1R_Stuart_Norton
    DR1R_Stuart_Norton
    6 Posts

‏2013-10-23T11:03:13Z  
    • smithha
    • ‏2013-10-22T20:12:43Z

Hi Stuart,

There is some capability to support this (at least if I'm understanding what you are looking for).

On the Exception Descriptor screen where it lists the search options on the left and exception descriptors on the right, you can enter a value in the Search box which can serve to filter down to a subset containing the value entered.  If you like the results, you can Save the Search criteria with the option to make it generally available. The Saved Search criteria will appear on the initial Dashboard allowing you to go directly to that selection.  And you can save multiple criteria for ease of use. 

Is that at the level you are looking for?

Harald

Hi Harald,

Thanks for the response.

I'm actually looking for the ability to provide a stateless URL that contains the filter info in the URL, and that would take you directly to the exception descriptor screen. The same way you can use the RID of a BG object in the dossierview URL, to go straight to the page from anywhere.

That way you could use that link in a more general issue register like Jira or RTC to go straight to the exception descriptors that relate to the rule that shows the issue.

Cheers,

Stuart.

• smithha
    smithha
    162 Posts

‏2013-10-23T11:52:06Z  

Hi Harald,

Thanks for the response.

Cheers,

Stuart.

Hi Stuart,

That does not appear to be an option today.  I've forwarded your note to the Product Manager, though, to consider as an enhancement request.

Harald