4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-09-10T06:52:08Z by Banibrata Patra
Banibrata Patra
Banibrata Patra
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic ODBCappend not working in distributed mode

‏2013-09-05T15:09:14Z |

Hi,

I am using infosphere streams v3.1. I tried to insert data from stream to a solidDB table. This program is working in standalone mode,however when I try to execute this in Distributed mode this does not work,neither it throws any error.

The program is a simple one,it just read values from a file and insert those in the table. Please suggest how to troubleshoot this problem.

Regards

Banibrata

• Ivan_CA
    Ivan_CA
    10 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ODBCappend not working in distributed mode

‏2013-09-05T15:48:56Z  in response to Banibrata Patra

Hi,

Usually that indicates that you did not set the needed backDoorEvs properties for the instance. Can you try the command below (please change according to your environment), restart the streams instance and try again?

streamtool setproperty -i streams@ivan --property DNA.backDoorEvs=SOLIDDIR=$SOLIDDIR,ODBCINI=$ODBCINI

Also, try to run the app with config tracing : trace; and check the PE logs, that should provide some clues of that's missing/wrong.

Thanks,

Ivan

• Banibrata Patra
      Banibrata Patra
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-09T04:38:29Z  in response to Ivan_CA

Hello Ivan,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I have tried the cmmand you mentioned and it workd perfectly.

If you get some time can you please share a couple of lines about the significance of this bacDoorEvs property.

Thanks for your sggestion again.

• Ivan_CA
        Ivan_CA
        10 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-09T12:13:36Z  in response to Banibrata Patra

Hi Banibatra,

Glad it's working now.

Please check out the redbook Addressing Data Volume, Velocity, and Variety with IBM InfoSphere Streams V3.0 (http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg248108.html) , there are more detailed explanation about this step of the configuration and others.

Thanks,
        Ivan

• Banibrata Patra
          Banibrata Patra
          4 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-10T06:52:08Z  in response to Ivan_CA

Thanks Ivan!!!!