• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-04-30T17:46:10Z by llandale
KBSri
KBSri
104 Posts

Pinned topic Exporting all modules in a folder

‏2013-04-26T11:24:12Z |

Hi all,

I would like to export all the modules data in a folder to a particular location via DXL Scripting.

Thanks,

Shriraam

Updated on 2013-04-30T05:37:33Z at 2013-04-30T05:37:33Z by KBSri
  • GregM_dxler
    GregM_dxler
    166 Posts

Re: Copying all modules in a folder

‏2013-04-26T12:40:38Z  

Shriraam,

Then do it.

Note this is not a forum to ask for someone else to do work for you.  It is to learn DXL.  What particular problem are you having with DXL?  I'll attach a file that is a general process loop which will go through every item in a folder that I had gotten from this forum.  Maybe this will start you off.

Greg

Attachments

• KBSri
    KBSri
    104 Posts

‏2013-04-30T05:04:09Z  

Shriraam,

Then do it.

Note this is not a forum to ask for someone else to do work for you.  It is to learn DXL.  What particular problem are you having with DXL?  I'll attach a file that is a general process loop which will go through every item in a folder that I had gotten from this forum.  Maybe this will start you off.

Greg

• llandale
    llandale
    3035 Posts

‏2013-04-30T17:46:10Z  

Shriraam,

Then do it.

Greg

For whatever it is worth, I have a preference for a different construction.  Your method processes "items" in the order they were created (I think), whereas mine does so in alphabetical order, and does modules first then folders.

I'll drop the "Items" into a Skip list using the "name(itm)" as the "Key".  then loop through the Skip first dealing with items of type "Formal".  Then loop dealing with "Folders", then loop again dealing with "Projects".

If you report on dealt-with "modules", the report looks a lot better this way as sibling modules are all dealt with one after the other.

-Louie