Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2017-05-18T11:04:41Z by AbhishekNahar
ciberian
ciberian
18 Posts

Pinned topic generic database endpoint

‏2013-04-16T14:33:42Z | generic jdbc netezza postgres postgresql

Hello, i have been tasked with connecting to a netezza database endpoint, and i've made a good college try at it so far, but results are negative.  i just get an 'unexpected error' popup with 'null' diagnostic information.  error logs don't show anything more than that - just a few successful class loads relevant to this endpoint.  netezza is essentially a postgres database.  i have uploaded the (type 4) driver and i can see 3 different classes that i can specify for the class name and i have tried all of them.  the port is 5480 (same as postgres).  i have attempted to add properties as additional parameters as follows:  url=jdbc:netezza://hostname:5480/dbname; user=admin; password=admin. 

is there any guidance about setting up generic jdbc connections? i can't find a community thread or tip or document of any kind that explains how to do something like this, except that you need version 2+ and the driver must be type 4.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Parke

• ciberian
    ciberian
    18 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: generic database endpoint

‏2013-06-03T12:29:10Z  

Hi Parke,

Were you able to connect to Netezza ..? I am trying the same. dnloaded Postgres 9.2 driver and configured in cast iron studio as suggest. However, I am getting error.

' com.approuter.studio.connectors.database.util.DBConnectionManager createConnection SEVERE:  Unexpected error during test connection: Connection rejected: Invalid packet length. -- 08004'

Thanks

Sandipan

Somehow, the connection url that CI generates does not match the recent versions of NZ.  The workaround is to write a wrapper around the jdbc driver that transposes the order of some of the properties.  I received the attached jar that does just that.

Thanks,

Parke

Attachments

• YPS1_guybrush_guybrush
    51 Posts

‏2013-04-17T10:26:47Z  

I've tried to connect to Postgres 9.2 on my desktop using this setting and so far no issue for simple query.

Datasource class name: org.postgresql.ds.PGSimpleDataSource

port: 5432

Get the JDBC 4 driver from this url: http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html

and then install the jar file via "Tools > Install Module Providers > Database Connectors".

Might be useful for you to use this configuration and try out.

• ciberian
    ciberian
    18 Posts

‏2013-04-17T13:37:25Z  

I've tried to connect to Postgres 9.2 on my desktop using this setting and so far no issue for simple query.

Datasource class name: org.postgresql.ds.PGSimpleDataSource

port: 5432

Get the JDBC 4 driver from this url: http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html

and then install the jar file via "Tools > Install Module Providers > Database Connectors".

Might be useful for you to use this configuration and try out.

Thanks for the help.  i guess the port number is important...  I am going to try this as soon as i can regain access to the remote network.

- Parke

• SandipanC
    SandipanC
    6 Posts

‏2013-05-28T07:55:44Z  
    • ciberian
    • ‏2013-04-17T13:37:25Z

Thanks for the help.  i guess the port number is important...  I am going to try this as soon as i can regain access to the remote network.

- Parke

Hi Parke,

Were you able to connect to Netezza ..? I am trying the same. dnloaded Postgres 9.2 driver and configured in cast iron studio as suggest. However, I am getting error.

' com.approuter.studio.connectors.database.util.DBConnectionManager createConnection SEVERE:  Unexpected error during test connection: Connection rejected: Invalid packet length. -- 08004'

Thanks

Sandipan

• ciberian
    ciberian
    18 Posts

‏2013-06-03T12:29:10Z  

Hi Parke,

Thanks

Sandipan

Somehow, the connection url that CI generates does not match the recent versions of NZ.  The workaround is to write a wrapper around the jdbc driver that transposes the order of some of the properties.  I received the attached jar that does just that.

Thanks,

Parke

Attachments

• njain2
    njain2
    1 Post

‏2015-03-13T10:44:19Z  
    • ciberian
    • ‏2013-06-03T12:29:10Z

Thanks,

Parke

Hi Parke,

I am doing integration from Salesforcre to Netezza by Cast Iron. For Cast iron, I have installed below libraries in WMC:

1. NzWrapper_2.jar

2.nzjdbc.jar

With these two libraries, able to run all activities of Database. But on runtime, when I ran job second time, it failed with below error for Delete object activity.

SQLSTATE: HY000 ERRORCODE: 1100 Error Message: netezza.ext.table.create.
    failed .

When I undeploy and redeploy the project. Project again runs successfully.

Please help.

Nitin

• AbhishekNahar
    AbhishekNahar
    2 Posts

‏2017-05-10T19:15:02Z  

Hi Parke,

I am doing integration from Netezza to Salesforce by Cast Iron. For Cast iron studio, I have installed below libraries and connection is working fine.

1. NzWrapper_2.jar

2.nzjdbc.jar

Also, Installed above two libraries in WMC but getting below error:

An error occurred while processing the message for the parameterized query activity at row number 0. The error is: Data error while getting connection out of the pool.  SQLSTATE: null ERRORCODE: 0 Error Message: JDBC Driver failed to initialize, likely a missing property

Encountered fault of type (database.query.operation), please see rest of the log for more information

Please help.

• ciberian
    ciberian
    18 Posts

‏2017-05-10T19:35:21Z  

Hi Parke,

I am doing integration from Netezza to Salesforce by Cast Iron. For Cast iron studio, I have installed below libraries and connection is working fine.

1. NzWrapper_2.jar

2.nzjdbc.jar

Also, Installed above two libraries in WMC but getting below error:

An error occurred while processing the message for the parameterized query activity at row number 0. The error is: Data error while getting connection out of the pool.  SQLSTATE: null ERRORCODE: 0 Error Message: JDBC Driver failed to initialize, likely a missing property

Encountered fault of type (database.query.operation), please see rest of the log for more information

Please help.

Just realized that you already have these files so never mind my last.  (turns out one of our mail servers refused to send an unsafe jar file anyway.)  at this point, I can only suggest you gather more detailed traces somehow. If that doesn't work, deploy it and get a postmortem to see if that debug perspective is helpful. maybe try squirrel or some other way to connect to generic databases.  is there a server-side log that would give us a clue?  seems like you're getting beyond the basic connection and the problem may be the query command.  you could try to use a stored procedure, an insert/update/delete or something other than a query to either confirm the basic connection works or maybe get a different error message that's more helpful.  After that, I'm thinking IBM software support…

• AbhishekNahar
    AbhishekNahar
    2 Posts

‏2017-05-18T11:04:41Z  
    • ciberian
    • ‏2017-05-10T19:35:21Z

Just realized that you already have these files so never mind my last.  (turns out one of our mail servers refused to send an unsafe jar file anyway.)  at this point, I can only suggest you gather more detailed traces somehow. If that doesn't work, deploy it and get a postmortem to see if that debug perspective is helpful. maybe try squirrel or some other way to connect to generic databases.  is there a server-side log that would give us a clue?  seems like you're getting beyond the basic connection and the problem may be the query command.  you could try to use a stored procedure, an insert/update/delete or something other than a query to either confirm the basic connection works or maybe get a different error message that's more helpful.  After that, I'm thinking IBM software support…

Hi,

Thanks for your response, will get back if get more details on the same.