Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-03-13T10:44:19Z by njain2
ciberian
ciberian
16 Posts

Pinned topic generic database endpoint

‏2013-04-16T14:33:42Z |

Hello, i have been tasked with connecting to a netezza database endpoint, and i've made a good college try at it so far, but results are negative.  i just get an 'unexpected error' popup with 'null' diagnostic information.  error logs don't show anything more than that - just a few successful class loads relevant to this endpoint.  netezza is essentially a postgres database.  i have uploaded the (type 4) driver and i can see 3 different classes that i can specify for the class name and i have tried all of them.  the port is 5480 (same as postgres).  i have attempted to add properties as additional parameters as follows:  url=jdbc:netezza://hostname:5480/dbname; user=admin; password=admin. 

is there any guidance about setting up generic jdbc connections? i can't find a community thread or tip or document of any kind that explains how to do something like this, except that you need version 2+ and the driver must be type 4.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Parke

• ciberian
    ciberian
    16 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: generic database endpoint

‏2013-06-03T12:29:10Z  

Hi Parke,

Were you able to connect to Netezza ..? I am trying the same. dnloaded Postgres 9.2 driver and configured in cast iron studio as suggest. However, I am getting error.

' com.approuter.studio.connectors.database.util.DBConnectionManager createConnection SEVERE:  Unexpected error during test connection: Connection rejected: Invalid packet length. -- 08004'

Thanks

Sandipan

Somehow, the connection url that CI generates does not match the recent versions of NZ.  The workaround is to write a wrapper around the jdbc driver that transposes the order of some of the properties.  I received the attached jar that does just that.

Thanks,

Parke

Attachments

• YPS1_guybrush_guybrush
    51 Posts

‏2013-04-17T10:26:47Z  

I've tried to connect to Postgres 9.2 on my desktop using this setting and so far no issue for simple query.

Datasource class name: org.postgresql.ds.PGSimpleDataSource

port: 5432

Get the JDBC 4 driver from this url: http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html

and then install the jar file via "Tools > Install Module Providers > Database Connectors".

Might be useful for you to use this configuration and try out.

• ciberian
    ciberian
    16 Posts

‏2013-04-17T13:37:25Z  

I've tried to connect to Postgres 9.2 on my desktop using this setting and so far no issue for simple query.

Datasource class name: org.postgresql.ds.PGSimpleDataSource

port: 5432

Get the JDBC 4 driver from this url: http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html

and then install the jar file via "Tools > Install Module Providers > Database Connectors".

Might be useful for you to use this configuration and try out.

Thanks for the help.  i guess the port number is important...  I am going to try this as soon as i can regain access to the remote network.

- Parke

• SandipanC
    SandipanC
    6 Posts

‏2013-05-28T07:55:44Z  
    • ciberian
    • ‏2013-04-17T13:37:25Z

Thanks for the help.  i guess the port number is important...  I am going to try this as soon as i can regain access to the remote network.

- Parke

Hi Parke,

Were you able to connect to Netezza ..? I am trying the same. dnloaded Postgres 9.2 driver and configured in cast iron studio as suggest. However, I am getting error.

' com.approuter.studio.connectors.database.util.DBConnectionManager createConnection SEVERE:  Unexpected error during test connection: Connection rejected: Invalid packet length. -- 08004'

Thanks

Sandipan

• ciberian
    ciberian
    16 Posts

‏2013-06-03T12:29:10Z  

Hi Parke,

Thanks

Sandipan

Somehow, the connection url that CI generates does not match the recent versions of NZ.  The workaround is to write a wrapper around the jdbc driver that transposes the order of some of the properties.  I received the attached jar that does just that.

Thanks,

Parke

Attachments

• njain2
    njain2
    1 Post

‏2015-03-13T10:44:19Z  
    • ciberian
    • ‏2013-06-03T12:29:10Z

Thanks,

Parke

Hi Parke,

I am doing integration from Salesforcre to Netezza by Cast Iron. For Cast iron, I have installed below libraries in WMC:

1. NzWrapper_2.jar

2.nzjdbc.jar

With these two libraries, able to run all activities of Database. But on runtime, when I ran job second time, it failed with below error for Delete object activity.

SQLSTATE: HY000 ERRORCODE: 1100 Error Message: netezza.ext.table.create.
    failed .

When I undeploy and redeploy the project. Project again runs successfully.

Please help.

Nitin