Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-04-16T00:18:29Z by Sathyanesh
CarlosGuillermoGarcia
2 Posts

Pinned topic .NET Aplication not working on client machines

‏2014-04-11T22:32:36Z | .net dll informix

I created an aplication using Visual C# 2010 and i´m connecting to an Informix database (version 8) using the Informix SDK 3.7

Added a reference in the project to the DLL IBM.Data.Informix.dll but didn´t worked, i got error on compilation, so i added a reference to the DLL IBM.Data.Informix.3.00.3.70.TC8.dll located in the folder Program Files\IBM Informix SDK\bin\netf20\specific; after that my aplication works well in my computer, both running from Visual C# or by running the compiled aplication.

The problem is that when i install the aplication in another computer it doesn´t work. The aplication simply ignores all the code regarding to the Informix connection. I tried to copy the DLL to a folder in the aplication directory, and adding the reference from there; again it works on my computer, but not in the others (i even installed the Informix SDK on the client computers)

Any idea what is wrong?

Updated on 2014-04-11T22:32:52Z at 2014-04-11T22:32:52Z by CarlosGuillermoGarcia
  • Sathyanesh
    Sathyanesh
    17 Posts

Re: .NET Aplication not working on client machines

‏2014-04-15T00:27:43Z  

By default VS2010 use .NET FW 4.0;

Informix .NET driver supporting FW 4.0 has introduce with CSDK 410 xC2.
    Please upgrade CSDK to this (or higher) version and use the driver from 'nef40' directory.

• CarlosGuillermoGarcia
    2 Posts

‏2014-04-15T14:45:34Z  

By default VS2010 use .NET FW 4.0;

Informix .NET driver supporting FW 4.0 has introduce with CSDK 410 xC2.
    Please upgrade CSDK to this (or higher) version and use the driver from 'nef40' directory.

The driver in the CSDK 410 works with all the versions of Informix? because the version we are using is 8.

For now i have found a workaround to the problem: the computer i´m using to compile the aplication has Windows x64, so the driver i used works with the 64 bits version of Windows.

So i compiled the aplication in a 32 bits computer, and i had to use the driver IBM.Data.Informix.DLL but in the end is working.

• Sathyanesh
    Sathyanesh
    17 Posts

‏2014-04-16T00:18:29Z  

The driver in the CSDK 410 works with all the versions of Informix? because the version we are using is 8.

For now i have found a workaround to the problem: the computer i´m using to compile the aplication has Windows x64, so the driver i used works with the 64 bits version of Windows.

So i compiled the aplication in a 32 bits computer, and i had to use the driver IBM.Data.Informix.DLL but in the end is working.

The drivers on CSDK 370 and 410 will have same behavior and functionality.
    The only difference is CSDK 410 xC2 has both FW 2.0 and FW 4.0 drivers.
    Good to know you have a working solution.