Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-06-11T15:35:34Z by Trey
Jyo_
Jyo_
12 Posts

Pinned topic When Queue manager is restarted DataPower is unable to put a message in MQ

‏2014-06-10T10:41:03Z |

Hi,

We have issue that 'When Queue manager is restarted DataPower is unable to put a message in MQ'.

I have recreated the issue by creating local queue manager in a machine and restarting the machine.When DataPower tries to put the message in MQ for first time got error (error code is  '2009' ). But when  i tried to recreate again Iam not able to do this.

Can i know DataPower cannot put a message in MQ when QM is restarted?

230 Posts

Re: When Queue manager is restarted DataPower is unable to put a message in MQ

‏2014-06-10T17:30:12Z  

Check the  'Cache Timeout' parameter of the queue manager object. Value should be above the 'Channel Heartbeat' and below the KeepAlive interval defined on the corresponding channel.

Also look at  Initial Connections and total connection Limit...

Regards,

Anders

• Trey
    Trey
    225 Posts

‏2014-06-10T23:43:02Z  

Jyo,

I would really want to see what is going on in the DataPower debug log and possibly a packet trace when you run into this.  This sort of behavior could be due to a connection issue as Anders said above, this could be due to some MQ channel negotiation issue, or even a bug.  It is not clear but this type of problem can happen.

If you would like to open a pmr we would be glad to help review.  I am not sure if you can or can not reproduce this from your description.  Let me know if you need anything else or would like to look further into this.

Thanks.

• Jyo_
    Jyo_
    12 Posts

‏2014-06-11T07:05:36Z  
    • ‏2014-06-10T17:30:12Z

Check the  'Cache Timeout' parameter of the queue manager object. Value should be above the 'Channel Heartbeat' and below the KeepAlive interval defined on the corresponding channel.

Also look at  Initial Connections and total connection Limit...

Regards,

Anders

Thanks for your reply,

In my queue manager object default 'Cache Timeout' is Null value. Can you pls provide one example

• Jyo_
    Jyo_
    12 Posts

‏2014-06-11T07:12:28Z  
    • Trey
    • ‏2014-06-10T23:43:02Z

Jyo,

I would really want to see what is going on in the DataPower debug log and possibly a packet trace when you run into this.  This sort of behavior could be due to a connection issue as Anders said above, this could be due to some MQ channel negotiation issue, or even a bug.  It is not clear but this type of problem can happen.

If you would like to open a pmr we would be glad to help review.  I am not sure if you can or can not reproduce this from your description.  Let me know if you need anything else or would like to look further into this.

Thanks.

Thanks Trey for reply,

When local queue manager is restarted Iam not getting any error ,so In logs we can't find the issue. I am unable to recreate the issue.

I want to know any possibility for recreating the issue .

• Trey
    Trey
    225 Posts

‏2014-06-11T15:35:34Z  
    • Jyo_
    • ‏2014-06-11T07:12:28Z

Thanks Trey for reply,

When local queue manager is restarted Iam not getting any error ,so In logs we can't find the issue. I am unable to recreate the issue.

I want to know any possibility for recreating the issue .

This could be an apar or this could be some other issue such a connection misbehavior.  I can not say for sure without more information.  You did not mention the firmware version so this could be related to a recent apar like IT01157 or some other apar;

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24034957

Or this could be a connection issue due to a configure setting on datapower.  If you run into this again I would suggest to capture:
    - an error report immediately on seeing the failure
    - capture a packet trace filter for the mq server host and port using the troubleshooting packet trace method. 
    The filter expression could be "host <MqIPaddress> and port <MqPort>"
    allow the packet trace to capture for a few minutes without making any changes.

Open a pmr and I would be glad to dig into the data.

I do not have enough information here to pin point the root cause.