2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-06-05T06:47:55Z by techFanatic
techFanatic
techFanatic
32 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Cant save/create complex custom canvas in TBSM 6.1

‏2013-06-04T12:26:38Z |

Hi,

Im trying to create a custom canvas but cant figure out how to go about it.I uploaded the image at /opt/IBM/tivoli/tipv2/profiles/TIPProfile/installedApps/TIPCell/isc.ear/sla.war/images and was able to locate image using Inspector but was unable to save the Canvas.I keep getting "CTGBG0015E The canvas could not be saved as the result of the following error." ,referred to http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.tivoli.itbsm.doc_6.1.1%2Ftbsguide%2Fbsmt_canvas_not_saving.html but I havent used any % .When I add the simple widget with OverallAttribute it displays the number as status(Good as 0,Bad as 5) and if I choose RealTimeServiceStatusColor it displays the word GREEN/RED rather than an icon with that color.Can someone help me out with this.The green icon should display the live status of the service and Agreement breach ,the time after which the SLA is breached for that service and tickets must show the number of open tickets.

Thanks & Regards,
techFanatic

Attachments

Updated on 2013-06-04T12:35:54Z at 2013-06-04T12:35:54Z by techFanatic
  • sdiering
    sdiering
    14 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Cant save/create complex custom canvas in TBSM 6.1

‏2013-06-04T18:57:07Z  in response to techFanatic
    • is the image you uploaded a background image?  can you just post it so i can see what text is part of it vs. being rendered by widgets?
    • does message "CTGBG0015E The canvas could not be saved as the result of the following error." include any other detail/exception/etc?
    • which widget do you mean by simple widget?

to display a color shape that tracks OverallAttribute you can use the Shape without image on the Decorations tab of the Palette (set shape to ellipse)

alternately, you can get a colored image that tracks OverallAttribute by using the SVG image on the Decorations tab of the Palette (set Render as (image, state) to state)

the Frame button on the Widgets tab of the Palette can be used to display the number of open tickets

see my attached image for my quick implementation of these widgets

Shape without image are top 2 widgets on left

SVG image are bottom 2 widgets on left

Frame button is on right

steve

Attachments

• techFanatic
      techFanatic
      32 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Cant save/create complex custom canvas in TBSM 6.1

‏2013-06-05T06:47:55Z  in response to sdiering

Hi Steve,

I have included the error and the background image-The dots give the real time status of the service and time gives -the amount of time required before which the SLA for that service will be breached.I meant the Shape without image and  SVG image for the simple widget.Now my main concern is how do I save the canvas and display the time for SLA.

Thanks & Regards,
      techFanatic

Updated on 2013-06-05T06:49:17Z at 2013-06-05T06:49:17Z by techFanatic