Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-04T18:06:26Z by Sriram_Europa
Okonita
Okonita
7 Posts

Pinned topic DataStudio 4.1 x64-Product setup program exited with exit code -1073741819 and Web Console not accessible after...Why? Any solution available?

‏2013-09-04T12:05:10Z |

Hi all,

I installed Data Studio client successfully. Database server and Web console are on the same system (Windows Server 2008R2). All services are started on LocalSystem account. Now I want to install Data Studio Web Console but failing when it gets to confiuring web console. I get the following error - "Product setup program exited with exit code -1073741819". I have done this successfully before but after uninstalling web console and tried to reinstall it again, I am finding that the configuration fails to complete where the URLs needed to connect to web console are displayed. The error failure can be viewed in the attached document as I tried to get screen prints of what and where the error occurred.

Can anyone help show me what I am doing wrong and posibbly tell how to resolve the issue?

Many thanks in advance

Okonita

• Sriram_Europa
    Sriram_Europa
    68 Posts

Re: DataStudio 4.1 x64-Product setup program exited with exit code -1073741819 and Web Console not accessible after...Why? Any solution available?

‏2013-09-04T18:06:26Z  

I am not sure exactly what the problem is - but the suspicion I have is that the previous DSWC service (in windows' control panel-> services)  was not removed during the uninstall. 

try running <the DSWC install directory>\bin\removeservice.bat   

to make sure it got removed from the windows services list.

Then try running just the configuration step  ("Configure the Data Studio Web Console"  from Start menu) again.

It should re-create the windows service. 

Also, please see this forum entry 

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014955378&ps=25

while this was for AIX - you can also manually configure the web console in the same manner  by using the bin\init.bat script (instead of init.sh) and by altering the Config\dswebserver.properties file for port numbers etc.

bin\installservice.bat  can be used to create the windows service - if you choose to manually configure the web console.