• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-02T19:30:04Z by andryi
RFT_Sj
RFT_Sj
19 Posts

Pinned topic RPT Resource Monitoring.

‏2013-11-21T10:00:45Z |

Hi,

I am trying to read resource monitoring data after running the schedule. Can any one help me in knowing how to interpret resource report. I trying to capture on Oracle 11g data source and Apache tomcat.

Regards

Sourabh

• Rajeshavanthi
    Rajeshavanthi
    120 Posts

Re: RPT Resource Monitoring.

‏2013-11-21T15:36:46Z  

Hi Sourabh

I did configure Oracle v11g with RPT v8.5 at my end. I do notice multiple Oracle DB counters out of which the "$RSRC_SESSION_INFO" monitor shows several counters spread across different session ID's . I suspect that RPT is capturing all these thread sessions running on the given oracle instance (SID = orcl) as each session is revealing the same set of data counters across multiple sessions.

Rajesh Avanthi

• RFT_Sj
    RFT_Sj
    19 Posts

‏2013-11-21T15:53:57Z  

Hi Sourabh

I did configure Oracle v11g with RPT v8.5 at my end. I do notice multiple Oracle DB counters out of which the "$RSRC_SESSION_INFO" monitor shows several counters spread across different session ID's . I suspect that RPT is capturing all these thread sessions running on the given oracle instance (SID = orcl) as each session is revealing the same set of data counters across multiple sessions.

Rajesh Avanthi

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the response.

There were two issues with Oracle Resource monitoring :

1. While selecting Oracle resource monitoring parameters/counters, RPT fetches some SID=<value>

( which may be from earlier session, though I have no idea about it, its an assumption) .

2. After running the schedule, a new session id is created, thus if we right click in resource tab in performance report, followed by Add/remove counters--> Resource monitoring counters and verify SID, it is still old value that was observed during selecting counters. RPT must record new SID or we need more clarity on this issue.

Hope you got the issue that we are facing.

Regards

• andryi
    andryi
    29 Posts

‏2013-12-02T19:30:04Z  

Hi Guys, I have a query about that,  You need to first install the agent on the computer that will monitor either database or web server?