IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-04-21T08:44:59Z by Equal
Mauri_Claudio
Mauri_Claudio
10 Posts

Pinned topic Data Studio, Java Stored procedures and external jar dependencies

‏2014-04-16T10:11:17Z |

Good Morning,

scenario: I'm using IBM Data Studio 4.1 and DB2 for Windows version 10.x .

I'm developing a Java Stored procedure in which i need to use an external jar which in turns exposes some utility classes I need.

Now while the stored procedure compiles ok in Data Studio, during deploying stage compiler complains that referenced classes cannot be found: indeed Data Studio calls javac compiler passing a classpath with starts with a '.' and other jars files, but no the one I added in build / external jar.

In previous version of Data Studio I was able to modify "compiler options" passing a classpath (with -classpath option) and that was enough. But with version 4.1 the classpath is overriden, so this workaround does not work... and I don't know where elsewhere i can specify which additional jars are required.

I really need your help...

Thanks in advance.

Updated on 2014-04-16T10:12:18Z at 2014-04-16T10:12:18Z by Mauri_Claudio
  • Equal
    Equal
    141 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Data Studio, Java Stored procedures and external jar dependencies

‏2014-04-21T08:44:59Z  

Hi,

thank you for your answer. Actually I don't think I can open a PMR since we're using DB2 + Data Studio not in a production enviroment, only for evaluation of a possible migration from Db2 for i (formerly: AS400) to a different platform: we didn't pay for support. I'm afraid that a PMR would be rejected, or that I'd not even be able to open it.

I'll go on with previous version of DS, hoping that I'll not wait for a long time before next version will be released. Do you know if somehow I may file a bug ?

Regards, and thank you again.

Hi,

The bug is reported and tracked in our internal system. We're working on it. If you have any further problem, you are welcome to post it in this forum. Thanks!

Equal

• Equal
    Equal
    141 Posts

‏2014-04-18T07:03:07Z  

Hello,

Thanks for your question. Are you using Data Studio 4.1 or 4.1.0.1? Which operation system are you on?

I tested on 4.1 against Windows. It takes in the external jar in the class path. Could you please paste the error? Thanks!

C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\java\jdk\bin\javac -classpath ".;C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\java\sqlj.zip";C:\Users\IBM_ADMIN\Desktop\test.jar;"C:\Program Files\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\com.ibm.datatools.db2_2.2.0.v20130515_2101\driver\db2jcc4.jar;C:\Program Files\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\com.ibm.datatools.db2_2.2.0.v20130515_2101\driver\db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar" com\Equal\Equal\testjar.java
    DB2ADMIN.TESTJAR - Javac completed.

Equal

• Mauri_Claudio
    Mauri_Claudio
    10 Posts

‏2014-04-18T11:58:53Z  
    • Equal
    • ‏2014-04-18T07:03:07Z

Hello,

Thanks for your question. Are you using Data Studio 4.1 or 4.1.0.1? Which operation system are you on?

I tested on 4.1 against Windows. It takes in the external jar in the class path. Could you please paste the error? Thanks!

C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\java\jdk\bin\javac -classpath ".;C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\java\sqlj.zip";C:\Users\IBM_ADMIN\Desktop\test.jar;"C:\Program Files\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\com.ibm.datatools.db2_2.2.0.v20130515_2101\driver\db2jcc4.jar;C:\Program Files\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\com.ibm.datatools.db2_2.2.0.v20130515_2101\driver\db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar" com\Equal\Equal\testjar.java
    DB2ADMIN.TESTJAR - Javac completed.

Equal

Thank you Equal for your answer.

I'm working on a Windows 7 machine, with Data Studio 4.1.0.1.

I've tried a lot of combinations.... first, I tried to deploy my java stored without giving any compiler option, just to see which classpath was used; then, I cut and pasted the Whole classpath resulting from the output, and no luck.

At the end I've tried simply to pass -classpath C:\DataStudio\LibrerieLisa2\core.jar as parameter, and I get following error:

JAVALIM.SPS_ELCIC - Deploy started.
    JAVALIM.SPS_ELCIC - Created temporary working directory C:\DataStudio\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.datatools.db2.routines.deploy.ui\bld1397822066550.
    "C:\Program Files\IBM\DS4.1.0.1\jdk\bin\javac" -classpath ".;C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\java\sqlj.zip";"C:\DataStudio\LibrerieLisa2\core.jar;C:\Program Files\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\com.ibm.datatools.db2_2.2.0.v20131115_1748\driver\db2jcc.jar;C:\Program Files\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\com.ibm.datatools.db2_2.2.0.v20131115_1748\driver\db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar" it\limontainformatica\luw\stored\SPS_ELCIC.java
    javac: flag non valido: ;
    Utilizzo: javac <options> <source files>
    utilizzare -help per un elenco di opzioni possibili
    JAVALIM.SPS_ELCIC - Removed temporary working directory C:\DataStudio\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.datatools.db2.routines.deploy.ui\bld1397822066550.

I've tried with another JDK but same problem... I think that the issue is related to the fact that Data Studio wizard composes the classpath in a wrong way, indeed there's a semicolon misplaced:

-classpath ".;C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\java\sqlj.zip";"C:\DataStudio\LibrerieLisa2

With DS 3.1 this error doesn't occour.

Thank you for your help.

• Mauri_Claudio
    Mauri_Claudio
    10 Posts

‏2014-04-18T12:01:33Z  

Thank you Equal for your answer.

I'm working on a Windows 7 machine, with Data Studio 4.1.0.1.

I've tried a lot of combinations.... first, I tried to deploy my java stored without giving any compiler option, just to see which classpath was used; then, I cut and pasted the Whole classpath resulting from the output, and no luck.

At the end I've tried simply to pass -classpath C:\DataStudio\LibrerieLisa2\core.jar as parameter, and I get following error:

JAVALIM.SPS_ELCIC - Deploy started.
    JAVALIM.SPS_ELCIC - Created temporary working directory C:\DataStudio\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.datatools.db2.routines.deploy.ui\bld1397822066550.
    "C:\Program Files\IBM\DS4.1.0.1\jdk\bin\javac" -classpath ".;C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\java\sqlj.zip";"C:\DataStudio\LibrerieLisa2\core.jar;C:\Program Files\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\com.ibm.datatools.db2_2.2.0.v20131115_1748\driver\db2jcc.jar;C:\Program Files\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\com.ibm.datatools.db2_2.2.0.v20131115_1748\driver\db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar" it\limontainformatica\luw\stored\SPS_ELCIC.java
    JAVALIM.SPS_ELCIC - Removed temporary working directory C:\DataStudio\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.datatools.db2.routines.deploy.ui\bld1397822066550.

I've tried with another JDK but same problem... I think that the issue is related to the fact that Data Studio wizard composes the classpath in a wrong way, indeed there's a semicolon misplaced:

-classpath ".;C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\java\sqlj.zip";"C:\DataStudio\LibrerieLisa2

With DS 3.1 this error doesn't occour.

Thank you for your help.

I forget to say that following errors (reported by the compiler in Italian Language)

roughly translated in English are

javac: invalid flag ;
    Usage: javac options source files
    use -help to list available options.

• Equal
    Equal
    141 Posts

‏2014-04-21T02:28:31Z  

I forget to say that following errors (reported by the compiler in Italian Language)

roughly translated in English are

javac: invalid flag ;
    Usage: javac options source files
    use -help to list available options.

Hello,

Thank you for your detail information. It's a defect of Data Stutio 4.1.0.1. If an immediate fix is required with regard to your situation, we need you to open a PMR. So that could send a patch to you. Or you could wait for the coming release in months. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Equal

• Mauri_Claudio
    Mauri_Claudio
    10 Posts

‏2014-04-21T08:33:51Z  
    • Equal
    • ‏2014-04-21T02:28:31Z

Hello,

Thank you for your detail information. It's a defect of Data Stutio 4.1.0.1. If an immediate fix is required with regard to your situation, we need you to open a PMR. So that could send a patch to you. Or you could wait for the coming release in months. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Equal

Hi,

thank you for your answer. Actually I don't think I can open a PMR since we're using DB2 + Data Studio not in a production enviroment, only for evaluation of a possible migration from Db2 for i (formerly: AS400) to a different platform: we didn't pay for support. I'm afraid that a PMR would be rejected, or that I'd not even be able to open it.

I'll go on with previous version of DS, hoping that I'll not wait for a long time before next version will be released. Do you know if somehow I may file a bug ?

• Equal
    Equal
    141 Posts

‏2014-04-21T08:44:59Z  

Hi,

Hi,

The bug is reported and tracked in our internal system. We're working on it. If you have any further problem, you are welcome to post it in this forum. Thanks!

Equal