Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-04T22:57:27Z by JYD4_Luis_Felipe_Bertel_Mercad
JYD4_Luis_Felipe_Bertel_Mercad
3 Posts

Pinned topic Full page refresh its done when inserting 3 or more models in a portal page

‏2013-09-30T16:12:59Z |

Hello, 

I am having this problem when i am attempting to use several Porlets on a Portal page in a local Websphere Portal Server, the main porlet uses an event triggered by a link to submit an ID to the others Portlets, after receiving this events the "children" portlets will refresh showing related data to ID captured.

This scenario works fine when i'm using only the "parent" portlet and a single "children", when i attempt to include a second "children" into the page, a full page refresh its performed instead of partial page as its implemented in the "children". 

It doesn't seem to be related to a particular children since it happens after combining different children, single entity tests was made and never a full page refresh was made.

The inter portlet communication is made using an event triggered by the parent and received by the childrens. 
I have several questions related to this events trigger and handlers.

Can only be associated an event handler for event ? Can i send an event that trigger a response in multiple "children" portlets or its limited as a single parent - unique child relation?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks.

• mburati
    mburati
    2579 Posts

Re: Full page refresh its done when inserting 3 or more models in a portal page

‏2013-10-01T21:43:40Z  

Whenever there's a problem with Javascript based webapps (whether WEF or not),  I find the best first step is to use the browser's console (eg, Firebug or Chrome right-click inspect element,  or IE Developer Tools) to see if there are any Javascript errors occurring along with the unexpected behavior.

Look for duplicate id attributes within the page, when you have a 3rd portlet.   Id attributes should be unique across an entire HTML page (not just within a portlet) and if there are duplicates, it can cause JS problems (eg, with Dojo, etc).

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati 
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

• JYD4_Luis_Felipe_Bertel_Mercad
    3 Posts

Re: Full page refresh its done when inserting 3 or more models in a portal page

‏2013-10-04T22:57:27Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2013-10-01T21:43:40Z

Whenever there's a problem with Javascript based webapps (whether WEF or not),  I find the best first step is to use the browser's console (eg, Firebug or Chrome right-click inspect element,  or IE Developer Tools) to see if there are any Javascript errors occurring along with the unexpected behavior.

Look for duplicate id attributes within the page, when you have a 3rd portlet.   Id attributes should be unique across an entire HTML page (not just within a portlet) and if there are duplicates, it can cause JS problems (eg, with Dojo, etc).

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati 
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

Hi there, thanks for the tip.

I will review the elements created in the portlet but since all the elements i create are "name" based not id based. Anything else to lookup, by the way this behavior is not present in Opera web explorer, mostly happens in Google Chrome and Mozilla, IE its like a 50-50 chance. 

Thanks in advance.