• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-02-09T05:22:57Z by Pravinjayaram
Gourish29
Gourish29
1 Post

Pinned topic Bulk user addition to CQ User Administration Tool / SQL Database

‏2014-01-02T13:56:03Z |

I am new to this, so need your help.

I will be getting more request to add users to CQ database, so if you have any idea on how to add bulk users to CQ User Administration Tool or it can be update in Backend SQL Database using any scripts.

Thanks for your help in advance.

• pdubovitsky
    pdubovitsky
    376 Posts

Re: Bulk user addition to CQ User Administration Tool / SQL Database

‏2014-01-02T22:19:06Z  

You can use ClearQuest API to create custom scripts to manage users.

You can also consider using ClearQuest User Administration Tool that simplifies most of the user management operations by using customizable defaults, user templates, profiles, etc.

Pavel

• DonaldN
    DonaldN
    285 Posts

‏2014-01-06T02:21:30Z  

If you're more comfortable with a text file, you can use the export/import function of the bundled ClearQuest User Administration tool (for Windows). Simply export some existing users from the current system and read the output file. I believe you will get some idea how it works.

DO NOT try to add users directly in the backend database. You are asking for troubles.

• GaryKunkel
    GaryKunkel
    11 Posts

‏2014-02-07T19:42:54Z  

Even when given large sets of users to add, I've just done it manually and tested each new login as I went along.

• Pravinjayaram
    Pravinjayaram
    29 Posts

‏2014-02-09T05:22:57Z  

The best way is to create a script using CQ API. You need to log in using admin session and create user object. Create a script and run the scrip when ever you need to add a new user,