Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-11T22:14:27Z by BillTidy
kbmurphy
kbmurphy
97 Posts

Pinned topic Getting OLEs and/or images from RRC - DOORS Next Generation

‏2013-12-05T18:33:27Z |

In RPE, if an artifact contains an image/OLE, the image/OLE does not get exported into my report. What's the trick to doing this?

• Kumaraswamy M
    Kumaraswamy M
    350 Posts

Re: Getting OLEs and/or images from RRC - DOORS Next Generation

‏2013-12-06T02:15:46Z  

Hi,

There is no such known issue with image/OLE not getting exported in RPE. Please provide more details like data xml, template, rpe.log, etc. Which version of RPE and RRC are you using?

You could get the XML by running the RRC data source URL that you configured in the document specification in an IE browser.

Thanks,

Kumar

• subprasad@in.ibm.com
    112 Posts

‏2013-12-06T10:47:52Z  

You can use RPE elements (Image / Include File) based on dataSource/artifact/fields/field/value/type. Set conditions in RPE template - if type.equalsIgnoreCase("image"), use Image element, if type.equalsIgnoreCase("link"), use Hyperlink and so on.

Updated on 2013-12-06T17:07:02Z at 2013-12-06T17:07:02Z by subprasad@in.ibm.com
  • Kumaraswamy M
    Kumaraswamy M
    350 Posts

‏2013-12-06T11:23:24Z  

Hi,

There is no such known issue with image/OLE not getting exported in RPE. Please provide more details like data xml, template, rpe.log, etc. Which version of RPE and RRC are you using?

You could get the XML by running the RRC data source URL that you configured in the document specification in an IE browser.

Thanks,

Kumar

Hi Kevin,

We inserted an image into RRC and were able to report it using RPE. Which version of RPE and RRC are you using?

Could you let me know how did you insert an OLE in RRC-DNG? We tried it and did not find a way to insert OLE in RRC4.0.3.

Thanks,

Kumar

• kbmurphy
    kbmurphy
    97 Posts

‏2013-12-11T18:52:38Z  

Hi Kevin,

We inserted an image into RRC and were able to report it using RPE. Which version of RPE and RRC are you using?

Could you let me know how did you insert an OLE in RRC-DNG? We tried it and did not find a way to insert OLE in RRC4.0.3.

Thanks,

Kumar

Kumar,

OLEs have been exported from DOORS Classic to RRC via ReqIF. 

Using RPE 1.2 and RRC 4.0.5 (just upgraded RRC).

What field were you reporting on to get the image.

Not sure if I can upload the template, but I'll see what I can do.

Kevin

• kbmurphy
    kbmurphy
    97 Posts

‏2013-12-11T19:02:40Z  
    This reply was deleted by BillTidy 2013-12-11T19:02:40Z.

Bill,

This is for RRC/DOORS Next Gen. I know how to do this in DOORS. If you need some assistance I can likely help you out with DOORS.

Kevin

• BillTidy
    BillTidy
    72 Posts

‏2013-12-11T22:14:27Z  
    • kbmurphy
    • ‏2013-12-11T19:02:40Z

Bill,

This is for RRC/DOORS Next Gen. I know how to do this in DOORS. If you need some assistance I can likely help you out with DOORS.

Kevin

It's ok, we upgraded to DOORS 9.5 and the problem was fixed. Looks like some kind of bug in 9.4 (we didn't have the prob in 9.3.0.6).