• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-20T11:43:24Z by rbwright
NedbankWebSphere
NedbankWebSphere
18 Posts

Pinned topic Do I require entitlement to use ISA V5 Beta 3

‏2013-05-19T06:14:57Z |

When trying to install ISA V5 beta3 , I get the below error

You are not entitled to the IBM Support Assistant Beta 3 5.0.0.0 package. For more information, see IBM Entitlement Help

Do I require entitlement?

• rbwright
    rbwright
    227 Posts

Re: Do I require entitlement to use ISA V5 Beta 3

‏2013-05-20T09:50:45Z  

Hi Emile,

I believe that entitlement is checked when you log in with your IBM ID to download ISA, so that's probably not the problem.

Last week there were occasional download problems at some IBM sites. Have you successfully downloaded ISA 5 Beta 3?

Could you answer some other questions to help us better determine the cause of the problem?

• On what OS are you installing ISA? 32-bit or 64-bit?
    • Have you tried installing on different systems?
    • What type of installation are you performing? The possibilities are the embedded server edition that uses Installation Manager to install ISA and PD tools, the EAR installation that uses Installation Manager just to acquire the EAR, and the zip installation which includes ISA and all PD tools.
    • If you're using the embedded server edition, are you using and administrative account or a standard user account?
    • At what point do you see the error message? During download? During installation? When starting ISA? When opening a browser to the running ISA server? etc.
    • What PD tools, if any, have you installed? Did you install them with Installation Manager or with the ISA administrative console?

Thanks,

Russell

• Peter.B
    Peter.B
    11 Posts

‏2013-05-20T10:34:16Z  
    • rbwright
    • ‏2013-05-20T09:50:45Z

Hi Emile,

I believe that entitlement is checked when you log in with your IBM ID to download ISA, so that's probably not the problem.

Last week there were occasional download problems at some IBM sites. Have you successfully downloaded ISA 5 Beta 3?

Could you answer some other questions to help us better determine the cause of the problem?

• On what OS are you installing ISA? 32-bit or 64-bit?
    • Have you tried installing on different systems?
    • What type of installation are you performing? The possibilities are the embedded server edition that uses Installation Manager to install ISA and PD tools, the EAR installation that uses Installation Manager just to acquire the EAR, and the zip installation which includes ISA and all PD tools.
    • If you're using the embedded server edition, are you using and administrative account or a standard user account?
    • At what point do you see the error message? During download? During installation? When starting ISA? When opening a browser to the running ISA server? etc.
    • What PD tools, if any, have you installed? Did you install them with Installation Manager or with the ISA administrative console?

Thanks,

Russell

Hi Russell,

I was working with Emile when we saw this issue. The specific scenario was:

- Windows 7 64bit

- Installation Manager 1.6.2 (already installed, and run via Start Menu)

- Run with Administrative privledges (requested by Win 7 when running IM)

- Manually added online repository to Installation Manager, as we had seen a different issue running install.exe (we can try that again and get details):
    https://www.ibm.com/software/repositorymanager/com.ibm.isa.offerings.v5

- The error is on the software selection page, and prevents the ISA Beta 3 5.0.0.0 package from being selected. It was the full installation we were trying, as there is not a local app server available.

- We had tried a number of different approaches to installing ISA V5 over the past days, all of which failed. Most were due to the online repository being temporarily unavailable (until Sunday am when it seemed to come back). However, all were on the same machine as Emile.

Regards, Peter

• rbwright
    rbwright
    227 Posts

‏2013-05-20T11:43:24Z  
    • Peter.B
    • ‏2013-05-20T10:34:16Z

Hi Russell,

I was working with Emile when we saw this issue. The specific scenario was:

- Windows 7 64bit

- Installation Manager 1.6.2 (already installed, and run via Start Menu)

- Run with Administrative privledges (requested by Win 7 when running IM)

- Manually added online repository to Installation Manager, as we had seen a different issue running install.exe (we can try that again and get details):
    https://www.ibm.com/software/repositorymanager/com.ibm.isa.offerings.v5

- The error is on the software selection page, and prevents the ISA Beta 3 5.0.0.0 package from being selected. It was the full installation we were trying, as there is not a local app server available.

- We had tried a number of different approaches to installing ISA V5 over the past days, all of which failed. Most were due to the online repository being temporarily unavailable (until Sunday am when it seemed to come back). However, all were on the same machine as Emile.

Regards, Peter

Thanks, Peter.

While I don't think this is related to the entitlement message, I suggest checking the installation instructions with regard to which user IDs are used for installing and running ISA: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27036160 . There can be problems if you install and run with a mixture of IDs with administrative privileges and ones that don't. See the release notes for additional installation information and known issues: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27036238 .

The error you see on the software selection page could be related to a standard user versus admin user mismatch like the one I mention above. Knowing the exact error message and what you're trying to install will be helpful.

The Installation Manager repository you're using is correct. Using Installation Manager 1.5.2 on Windows 7 64-bit I successfully installed ISA 5 Beta 3 as a standard user. That is, I chose "My IBM Installation Manager" (non-admin privileges) rather than "IBM Installation Manager" (admin privileges) from the Windows Start menu. (I have both the admin and non-admin versions of Installation Manager installed.)

Regards,

Russell