The IBM Log Analytics product team is excited to announce the release of the open beta for IBM Log Analytics Workgroup Edition. A new product from IBM Tivoli that reduces significantly the time it takes to investigate and resolve application problems. We hope to leverage our open beta to both provide an early look into the capabilities, while also offering you the opportunity to provide feedback and ask questions which will help us further refine the product and our direction to suit the needs of our customers.
Benefits of IBM Log Analytics:
Machine generated data by your systems, middleware and business applications such as logs and stack traces are a rich source of IT operational intelligence. Fast analysis of this data is often vital to solving production problems, but collecting and analyzing the vast volumes generated can be a slow, time-consuming process. IBM Log Analytics is designed to collect and index all this data allowing you search and analyze it very quickly. Our customers are already seeing the benefits, one early beta customer has already seen the time it takes to analyze problems reduced from hours to just minutes.
Highlights of IBM Log Analytics:
- Fast installation, typically installs in less than 10 minutes
- Advanced search and text analytics technology from IBM's Big Data platform automatically identities patterns in any log file.
- Intuitive user interface and design enabling easy free form search and directed search interactions
- Search logs using configured and discovered patterns such as stack traces, class/thread IDs and error codes to quickly identify and repair issues
- Quickly visualize application error type distribution across thousands of log records
Websphere and DB2:
While support for all log sources and types will be provided, the solution will feature in-depth, prepackaged domain insights into Websphere and DB2 log sources, further accelerating value for application developers, application support and middleware subject matter experts.
Enablement sessions will provide training and guidance on how to use and extend milestone drivers. You are welcome and encouraged to participate in web conferences and web-based discussion forums. If you do not have any log data available the beta download contains sample data.
Please visit our webpage, for more information and click on the download icon to participate.
IBM Log Analytics Product Team