Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-12-18T22:53:58Z by jdell
jdell
jdell
90 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic TDI: LDAP Group Member Connector - how to get the group name being iterated

‏2013-12-18T06:53:59Z |

Hello,

I'm developing a TDI application using the LDAP Group Members connector (prototype at this stage).  I've got the connector working fine, however I'm having difficulty trying to find the name of the group currently being iterated.

The documentation for this connector mentions 3 properties that are returned for each entry ... namely, groupHierarchy, group and groupEntry. I believe (hope perhaps) that the groupEntry property is the one I want.

My question is which entry (I know it's the group entry) are these properties associated with?  How do I get a reference to the "group" entry that should allow me to access the groupEntry property?

Cheers,

JD

• franzw
    franzw
    214 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: TDI: LDAP Group Member Connector - how to get the group name being iterated

‏2013-12-18T07:13:08Z  in response to jdell

TDI gurus/jedis hangs out on Google Group : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/ibm.software.network.directory-integrator

Post you question there and I am sure you will get an answer quicker than here :-)

It is not so that this forum also covers TDI - but for historical reasons it is better to use the Google group.

Regards

Franz Wolfhagen

• jdell
      jdell
      90 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: TDI: LDAP Group Member Connector - how to get the group name being iterated

‏2013-12-18T22:53:58Z  in response to franzw

Thanks Franz ... posted on Google groups for TDI - in the meantime I managed to work this out - so for purposes of info sharing:

OK ... after some trial and error I managed to get this one sorted - in the attribute map I use the following snippet to get the DN of the group currently being iterated and map it to an attribute in my work entry:

conn.@groupEntry.getGroupDN();

Regards,

JD