Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-31T02:33:08Z by LI Bo
IwanWinoto
IwanWinoto
2 Posts

Pinned topic How to change default ports for AcmeAir sample?

‏2013-05-30T22:02:43Z |

The default ports for the AcmeAir mongo javaweb project are 80 and 443. These cause a conflict on my Ubuntu desktop.

How can I change the ports for AcmeAir?

Cheers,

e1

• LI Bo
    LI Bo
    18 Posts

Re: How to change default ports for AcmeAir sample?

‏2013-05-31T01:38:19Z  

First, sorry for the trouble, we'll change the default ports to above 1024 for the Acme Air samples in later release.

You can change the ports by 

1) Switch to ICAP Java perspective

2) Right click on the project sample_acmeair_mongo_javaweb, and select "Project Overview"

3) Change the HTTP port and HTTPS port to values above 1024

And following the same steps to change the ports for the projects sample_acmeair_booking_mongo_javaweb and sample_acmeair_hotelcar_mongo_javaweb

Then you need to change the ports  for booking and hotel/car services in the configuration file /sample_acmeair_mongo_javaweb/src/service.properties

Updated on 2013-05-31T01:47:06Z at 2013-05-31T01:47:06Z by LI Bo
  • IwanWinoto
    IwanWinoto
    2 Posts

‏2013-05-31T02:15:17Z  
    • LI Bo
    • ‏2013-05-31T01:38:19Z

First, sorry for the trouble, we'll change the default ports to above 1024 for the Acme Air samples in later release.

You can change the ports by 

1) Switch to ICAP Java perspective

2) Right click on the project sample_acmeair_mongo_javaweb, and select "Project Overview"

3) Change the HTTP port and HTTPS port to values above 1024

And following the same steps to change the ports for the projects sample_acmeair_booking_mongo_javaweb and sample_acmeair_hotelcar_mongo_javaweb

Then you need to change the ports  for booking and hotel/car services in the configuration file /sample_acmeair_mongo_javaweb/src/service.properties

Thank you!

Wow, I had no idea I could edit those values. When I look at the page there is not the usual visual queue that the value is editable.

I suggest you revisit the overview page, and put the editable values in text boxes. All the values are presented in the same way, whether they are read/write (like ports) or read only (like the the URLs). I do notice now that the read/write values are in black font and the rest are coloured, but the field labels are also the same font as the read/write values.

Please revisit this UI for consistency and convention.

Cheers,

e1

• LI Bo
    LI Bo
    18 Posts

‏2013-05-31T02:33:08Z  

Thank you!

Wow, I had no idea I could edit those values. When I look at the page there is not the usual visual queue that the value is editable.

I suggest you revisit the overview page, and put the editable values in text boxes. All the values are presented in the same way, whether they are read/write (like ports) or read only (like the the URLs). I do notice now that the read/write values are in black font and the rest are coloured, but the field labels are also the same font as the read/write values.

Please revisit this UI for consistency and convention.

Cheers,

e1

Thanks for the suggestion!

Agreed that this should be improved. We'll record this as defect. Thanks.