• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-08-11T12:19:41Z by 7PJN_Martin_Mašek
7PJN_Martin_Mašek
7PJN_Martin_Mašek
17 Posts

Pinned topic Find out if Adaptive Map Reduce is present

‏2014-08-07T17:33:18Z |

Hello everyone,

I've installed BI EE 3.0 with Adaptive MapReduce (but no HA) on a single node. I've set AdaptiveMR.Enable=true in properties before installation. Installation was succesful and I continued with instructions at http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSPT3X_3.0.0/com.ibm.swg.im.infosphere.biginsights.install.doc/doc/inst_enable_adaptive_mr.html

After typing $BIGINSIGHTS_HOME/bin/stop.sh HAManager

I received Invalid component [HAManager], valid components are [alert, bigsql, catalog, console, hadoop, hbase, hdm, hive, httpfs, oozie, zookeeper]

I think there is a mistake in instruction or they are not clear. From the name HAManager I assume it is High availability. I didn't install HA so why should I follow those steps. Is it necessary? What should I do? Is there a way how to find out if Adaptive MR is enabled?

Appreciate any feedback.

Martin.

• macroadster
    macroadster
    5 Posts

Re: Find out if Adaptive Map Reduce is present

‏2014-08-08T00:38:30Z  

Hi Martin,

A easy way to identify if AdaptiveMR has been installed is to check existance of $BIGINSIGHTS_HOME/HAManager.

The command is correct in the info center.  It looks like HAManager may have failed during installation.  You may want to verify $BIGINSIGHTS_HOME/conf/biginsights.properties.  There is a list of "installed.components" and "disabled.components".  If a component fail to install, it will be listed in the disabled.components section, and disable command line start and stop for the component.

If install failure happened, you may want to check install log from installation image to find the root cause of the failure.

Hope this helps.

• YangWeiWei
    YangWeiWei
    72 Posts

‏2014-08-08T02:43:53Z  

HAManager is the component name of adaptive MR, even without high availability configuration. It looks like either HAManager installation is failed, or it has not even installed.

To check if install is failed, try grep for "ERROR" message in installation log

To check if it is installed, open your fullinstall.xml file (install response file), look for property

<apache-mapred>false</apache-mapred>

this value should be false, if it is true, you need to go back to installer UI, there should be checkbox in hadoop configuration page, make sure it is checked for adaptive mr option. Then you need to reinstall.

• 7PJN_Martin_Mašek
    7PJN_Martin_Mašek
    17 Posts

‏2014-08-11T12:05:43Z  

Hi Martin,

A easy way to identify if AdaptiveMR has been installed is to check existance of $BIGINSIGHTS_HOME/HAManager.

The command is correct in the info center.  It looks like HAManager may have failed during installation.  You may want to verify $BIGINSIGHTS_HOME/conf/biginsights.properties.  There is a list of "installed.components" and "disabled.components".  If a component fail to install, it will be listed in the disabled.components section, and disable command line start and stop for the component.

If install failure happened, you may want to check install log from installation image to find the root cause of the failure.

Hope this helps.

Hi, thanks for your input. HAManager folder exists and cat $BIGINSIGHTS_HOME/conf/biginsights.properties printed

#BigInsights properties
    #Mon Aug 11 04:40:33 PDT 2014
    installed.components=hdm,bigr,logging,gpfs,gpfs-connector,guardiumproxy,zookeeper,data-compression,scheduler,adaptivemapred,sftp,text-analytics,hadoop,database,catalog,jaql,hbase,hive,pig,lucene,solr,flume,ei,machine-learning,sqoop,jsqsh,bigsql,bigsql1,bigindex,oozie,orchestrator,jaqlserver,console,eclipsetooling,sheets,HAManager,import-export,httpfs,monitoring,sampleapp,alert,hbase_backup
    disabled.components=
    biginsights.var=/var/ibm/biginsights
    public.node.components=httpfs,bigsql,hive,jaql_server
    biginsights.home=/opt/ibm/biginsights
    product.version.build=IBM InfoSphere BigInsights Enterprise Edition v3.0.0.0, build Linux-amd64_8_b20140711_1547, type Enterprise
    configured.components=hdm,logging,gpfs,zookeeper,text-analytics,hadoop,catalog,jaql,hbase,hive,pig,bigsql,bigsql1,oozie,console,eclipsetooling,sheets,httpfs,monitoring,sampleapp,alert,hbase_backup

I think everything is installed and should work, weird :/

• 7PJN_Martin_Mašek
    7PJN_Martin_Mašek
    17 Posts

‏2014-08-11T12:19:41Z  

HAManager is the component name of adaptive MR, even without high availability configuration. It looks like either HAManager installation is failed, or it has not even installed.

To check if install is failed, try grep for "ERROR" message in installation log

To check if it is installed, open your fullinstall.xml file (install response file), look for property

this value should be false, if it is true, you need to go back to installer UI, there should be checkbox in hadoop configuration page, make sure it is checked for adaptive mr option. Then you need to reinstall.

Hi Yang, I think HAManager is installed (see previous post).

I checked installation log and there was no error.

cat fullinstall.xml | grep apache-mapred printed:

:/