Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-08-26T07:16:06Z by techFanatic
techFanatic
techFanatic
32 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Unable to view autopopulation policies after import in tbsm 6.1

‏2013-08-09T06:18:08Z |

Hi,
I exported all services from the test server using command
1.export(); at radshell,then zipped the file using
2.tar -cvf backup /opt/IBM/tivoli/tbsm/export/export.radsh
3.gzip backup
Moved the backup.gz file to development server(/opt/IBM/tivoli/tbsm/export/) and unzipped using the command
4.gunzip backup.gz
now run the command
5.cat backup | $TBSM_HOME/bin/rad_radshell to import.
At the end of running this command ,all service related templates,rules and services are imported but none of the templates have any auto-population policies present in them.(Also at the backend i.e at $TBSM_HOME/policy , none of the autopopulation policies are present)

However when I export a single service (exportFromStartingInstance("Test_Service");) and import it to development server all details i.e templates,rules,services as well as the autopopulation rules are correctly imported.(Also at the backend i.e at $TBSM_HOME/policy , all the autopopulation policies related to that service are present)

How can I import all the services from test environment to dev environment?If I copy all the autopopulation policies from test environment to dev environment and later run the import on dev,will it work?

Thanks.
Regards,
techFanatic

• randybrown
    randybrown
    59 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Unable to view autopopulation policies after import in tbsm 6.1

‏2013-08-09T19:31:17Z  in response to techFanatic

Hi,

I tried export with my TBSM 6.1.1 environment and after importing to another 6.1.1 system, I was able to see the autopopulation rules on the template and the ipl files were present in TBSM_HOME/policy. I suppose it is possible this was a problem in 6.1 that was fixed in the most recent release, but you would need to go through support to determine that.

As another possibility, since the Impact policy code is stored directly in the radshell export script, there is some manipulation of the "end of line" marker for the policy source so that you can view the file more easily. I wonder if the tar or gzip could have affected this source. But I would think you should have some errors in the rad_radshell_errors.log file in TBSM_HOME/logs if it could not add the rules to the template. Is the rule present, and only the policies are missing?

The export for a single instance should go through the same processing. The service hierarchy is exported along with all the templates required by the services. When you did the second test, did you also tar and gzip that export file?

Perhaps you can attach the rad_radshell_errors.log in the failing scenario and I could have a look. It might also be helpful to look in the trace.log for the TBSMProfile and also the netcool-errors.log and netcool.log in TBSM_HOME/logs. The netcool logs would show if Impact had a problem creating the policies requested by TBSM.

Hope this helps...

Randy Brown

• techFanatic
    techFanatic
    32 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Unable to view autopopulation policies after import in tbsm 6.1

‏2013-08-26T07:16:06Z  in response to techFanatic

Hi Randy,

There was a datasource used for fetching data that was causing incomplete export of services.After the data source was removed ,export was successful.

Regards,

techFanatic