Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-02-20T16:54:55Z by jscheel
jscheel
jscheel
61 Posts

Pinned topic Missing Documentation for Linux on Power

‏2011-07-06T21:00:01Z |
Have you been looking for documentation for a specific topic or feature of Linux on Power?  If so, please let us know by joining the Think Power Linux group if you are not already a member (button top right) and replying to this thread so that we can either help you find it and/or add it to our list of future documentation.
Updated on 2012-02-20T16:54:55Z at 2012-02-20T16:54:55Z by jscheel
  • scooty-cat
    scooty-cat
    3 Posts

Re: Missing Documentation for Linux on Power

‏2012-02-19T02:44:03Z  
     I work with FreeBSD on the Power(PC) series. I'd like to see some documentation on BSD on Power systems available.
  • jerberstark
    jerberstark
    31 Posts

‏2012-02-20T04:29:21Z  
     I work with FreeBSD on the Power(PC) series. I'd like to see some documentation on BSD on Power systems available.
     Scooty-cat, thanks for the suggestion. We will look into it.
  • jscheel
    jscheel
    61 Posts

‏2012-02-20T16:54:55Z  
    Scooty-cat, it sounds like we may have some common interests. Long live Power!

While I suspect that we can share information/documentation, I don't believe we'll be able to assist much with development.  IBM committed to PowerLinux over 10 years ago when it started the ppc64 Linux kernel community.   This investment remains part of a larger, on-going commitment by IBM to support Linux as a cross-platform OS--allowing customers, users, software providers, and business partners to preserve their investment in an operating environment while leveraging the benefits each hardware platform provides.

However, we've likely done things and/or will do things in Linux which can help with a PowerPC FreeBSD port.  Per your other posting to our Message Board, there likely is documentation we've made available which would be helpful to you.  So, feel free to continue to ask questions like that and we'll do our best to help another "open source colleague".