4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-12-04T12:57:52Z by 6E0J_WILLIAM_MINOR
CGU_1
CGU_1
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Recovery Expert creating the SLR

‏2013-11-23T19:59:42Z |
Hi everyone,
    I have a problem with Recovery Expert V4.1. I can´t create the SLR for a database that have 1 TB of data from a backup online. 
    By the web console, after 1 hour of execute the process of creating SLR, the console return a error like "Session Expired".
    I try to install the CLP and do the same process, but unfortunately, I recieve another error.
    The server of the DB2 have 42 cores and 52 GB of RAM, but during the SLR creation, i don´t see a huge activity in the server.
     Any advise for simplify the process? How can I see what are doing the Recovery Expert during the SLR creation process?

Thanks for reply.
Updated on 2013-11-23T20:08:48Z at 2013-11-23T20:08:48Z by CGU_1
  • CatherineWu
    CatherineWu
    11 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Recovery Expert creating the SLR

‏2013-11-25T03:00:31Z  in response to CGU_1

Hi Carlos,

Recovery Expert is a separate product from Data Studio. I forwarded your question to Recovery Expert team. They will reply you soon. Thanks!

• 6E0J_WILLIAM_MINOR
    6E0J_WILLIAM_MINOR
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-25T14:10:49Z  in response to CGU_1

The SLR is initially seeded from a backup image that contains the system catalog tables. If the backup used to build the SLR is only a backup of the system catalog, SLR processing will occur much faster than if the backup image referenced is, for example, from a full database backup as there is much more to read in this latter case.

When the SLR is being created, status messages are displayed in the "Status" perspective. In each workflow perspective for creating the SLR, in the bottom left hand corner, there is a "Save" button. By clicking this button at any point in the workflow the overall session is permanently saved otherwise by default RE will save the session for a period of 30 minutes. If the browser connection has timed out due to a long running operation, simply log back in and open the "Sessions" perspective. In that perspective choose the "Location" where you would like to look for sessions and then hit the "Search" button. All saved sessions and default sessions that have not expired will then be listed. You can double-click on the appropriate session and thereby see what it's status is. Just because the browser connection has timed out, this does not mean that RE processing has been terminated ... rather processing continues to run.

You can configure the connection time out for a longer period of time by opening the "Admin" perspective.

• CGU_1
      CGU_1
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-04T08:56:46Z  in response to 6E0J_WILLIAM_MINOR

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, but unlucky, neither of two solutions have worked for my problem.

The creation of SLR (about 1500 TBSPACES and 5000 TABLES) is too long. The last try take about 8 hour and only complete 7% of work.

• 6E0J_WILLIAM_MINOR
        6E0J_WILLIAM_MINOR
        2 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-04T12:57:52Z  in response to CGU_1

Hi,

We would need to see more details to understand this behavior. Reading a backup of the system catalog only, should not take that long. Once completed, the required logs are processed in order to finish. So we would also want to see how many logs are involved and then establish where the majority of the processing is occurring in your case. There would be additional considerations if these recovery assets reside in a storage manager (vs. local disk).

Can you open a PMR so that we can conduct a formal study and open a direct communication?

Thanks.