Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-17T11:40:41Z by mandohack
mandohack
mandohack
7 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic login.html as admin?

‏2013-07-16T17:47:09Z |

The deploying QuickFile as an appliance documentation says to open the browser and login as admin/admin unless, of course, you've changed the password.  The browser login requires an email address.  What gives?  How do I login to the browser session as admin?  I can't register because I can't receive the emails until I setup the smtp info in the properties file ...

Thanks.

Updated on 2013-07-16T17:48:03Z at 2013-07-16T17:48:03Z by mandohack
  • GuyCrets
    GuyCrets
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: login.html as admin?

‏2013-07-17T07:23:32Z  in response to mandohack

The user account is indeed admin with password admin, no mail address.

To add users, you'll indeed have to invite them via mail.  So a mail server is required at that stage.  But for the initial login as admin, no SMTP server or configuration required.

• mandohack
      mandohack
      7 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-17T10:51:53Z  in response to GuyCrets

Thanks, GuyCrets.

I changed the admin password during initial setup and neither that password nor admin are working.  I'll try resetting it from the console.  I appreciate your quick response and confirmation.

QuickFile v1.1

• GuyCrets
        GuyCrets
        6 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-17T11:37:36Z  in response to mandohack

Most trivial option seems to re-install the virtual appliance.  I had changed the admin password after logging in via the GUI.  As I'm using a Belgian keyboard, and the console uses US keyboard, I prefer to change passwords in the GUI.

FYI, I'm also using Quickfile 1.1.

• mandohack
          mandohack
          7 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-17T11:40:41Z  in response to GuyCrets

Thanks, I'll re-install the appliance and change the password via the GUI.