Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-01-17T12:33:21Z by Bharateesh
Bharateesh
Bharateesh
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Settings option on Content navigator desktop is missing

‏2014-01-06T11:32:08Z |

We are using Content Navigator Version: 2.0.2. After creating a new desktop, we are not able to see the settings option on any of the desktops. We are not finding a way to bring back the settings. This was working fine before creating this new desktop.

The user who created the new desktop had admin rights. Now the same user is not able to login to admin desktop, whilst he can login to other desktops. Appreciate any thoughts on this.

Attached is the screen shot of the same.

Attachments

• arronla
    arronla
    89 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Settings option on Content navigator desktop is missing

‏2014-01-08T08:46:11Z  in response to Bharateesh

Maybe there's another exception masking it.  I would look at the app server logs and see what type of exception is thrown.  It might be the thing blocking it from retrieving the list of admin users and doing the appropriate authentication.

• This reply was deleted by hari_ram 2014-01-16T04:37:20Z.
  • Bharateesh
    Bharateesh
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-16T04:44:20Z  in response to Bharateesh

I didnt see anything interesting on the appserver logs. I feel the settings feature has lost all the added admins. So now we are not able to see the settings feature at all. Is there a way to add admins back without the settings feature?

• nicolas.leralle
    nicolas.leralle
    100 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-16T13:32:02Z  in response to Bharateesh

Hi,

Are you able to access the admin desktop directly? http://<servername>:<port>/navigator/?desktop=admin?

If not, have a look in ICN database configuration to check which user can access it. I had an issue when changing logon from shortname to userPrincipalName user attribute.

Best regards,

Nicolas

• Bharateesh
    Bharateesh
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-17T12:33:21Z  in response to Bharateesh

ICN holds the list of admin users in the database on the CONFIGURATION table and unfortunately the values were truncated(not sure about the reason). So this was the reason why we were not able to view the administrator tool on ICN.

I ran the below script to update the configuration table and it worked.

update ICNCONFSCHEMA.CONFIGURATION set ATTRIBUTES = 'mobileAccess=true;logging.level=2;logging.excludes=com.ibm.ecm.configuration;
    iconStatus=docHold,docNotes,docMinorVersions,docDeclaredRecord,docBookmarks,docCheckedOut,
    workItemSuspended,workItemDeadlineImportance,workItemDeadlineReminderSent,workItemLocked,
    workItemCheckedOut;adminUsers=p8admin'
    where ID = 'settings.navigator.default'

This Resolved the issue.

cheers,
    Bharateesh.

Updated on 2014-01-17T12:33:44Z at 2014-01-17T12:33:44Z by Bharateesh