Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-01-16T09:20:05Z by S7RG_wayne_hoath
S7RG_wayne_hoath
S7RG_wayne_hoath
5 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Wrong desktop launch in Content Navigator when accessed from task email.

‏2014-01-15T14:54:01Z |

Hi,

We have a pretty simply P8 environment with a 4 object stores. We have Content Navigator installed and want to start using this for tasks.  Within Content Navigator we have 4 desktops each using their own object store. Within the process configuration console I have created separate application spaces for each desktop. I have configured a test workflow to use the default Content Navigator step processor for task assignment and this workflow is assigned to a workflow collection which is assigned to a specific application space.

My problem is this. When the tasks are opened from the email notifications the desktop which is launched is not the one linked to the object store which contains either the document or the workflow?  The task can be actioned but the prompt for logon displays the incorrect desktop?  Additionally looking in my tasks list I don't see this within Content navigator?

I'm sure that something is wrong but can't quite what.  If someone can point me in the right direction that would be amazing!

Thanks in advance,

Wayne

Updated on 2014-01-15T14:55:02Z at 2014-01-15T14:55:02Z by S7RG_wayne_hoath
  • blaturner
    blaturner
    11 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Wrong desktop launch in Content Navigator when accessed from task email.

‏2014-01-15T21:28:56Z  in response to S7RG_wayne_hoath

Hi Wayne,

In the ICN Admin view, make sure you select the option "

The email notification URL comes from the P8 Process Engine server and it knows nothing of a ICN "desktop". We have a look up mechanism to find  the correct desktop/repository from the isoRegion number specified on the notification URL.

Regards,

--Bob LaTurner

• S7RG_wayne_hoath
      S7RG_wayne_hoath
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Wrong desktop launch in Content Navigator when accessed from task email.

‏2014-01-16T09:20:05Z  in response to blaturner

Thanks for the reply Bob.  My configuration as it stands has only 1 isolated region, multiple ObjectStores and multiple ICN desktops.  I assumed that P8 used the workflow collection properties to find which application space the workflow was associated with.  The ICN desktop likewise is associated with an application space?  I guess the problem with this comes when the same application space is associated with multiple desktops?

I can work around to get my workflow step processor to display the correct ICN desktop logon but I still don't see the task within the associated task list if I manually logon to this desktop rather than following the link in the email?

Any thoughts?