5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-10-26T16:00:48Z by Carlos.Hernandez
Imran007
Imran007
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Cognos Large scale Implementation

‏2013-10-24T16:51:26Z |

Folks ,

I need a help regarding some reading / paper on cognos large scale implementation . Presently we need to study feasibility of generating almost 50K reports everyday in production server . Can you guyz suggest me any link or study matirial which will help me referencing cognos large scale implementation .

There will be around 20K users to everyday to login cognos server and extimated of 50K mixed of small and medimum reports ( 20 p-ages to 80 poages ) .

Your help will be greatly appreciated ,

Thanx mates

• OpherB
    OpherB
    677 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Cognos Large scale Implementation

‏2013-10-24T18:07:28Z  in response to Imran007

I suggest you ask your Cognos Sales Rep to look into finding this kind of information.

Are you going to the IOD conference next month? If so, there are often multiple people there from large installation. Talking to them in person may be your best source of information.

Good luck,
    Opher

• Imran007
      Imran007
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-24T18:23:19Z  in response to OpherB

Thanx Opher . Currently we do need some base information ( for N numbers concurrent users and M numbers of reports with lets say some millions of records what would be the configurations . So that we can have our base research and then probably approach IBM folks with our capacity management .  

So if you have any kind of information on the above will be great ssourse of help .

• Carlos.Hernandez
        Carlos.Hernandez
        79 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-25T18:29:00Z  in response to Imran007

The thing is to plan for peak usage. How many concurrent users? How many reports will be run at the same time? You can have dozens of web servers and Cognos dispatchers for load balancing but can your data sources handle all those simultaneous connections?

Are you using Windows? Linux? Something else?

• Imran007
          Imran007
          3 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-26T07:37:44Z  in response to Carlos.Hernandez

We will be having 30K users everyday login and expected reports run usage will be around 70K .Reporting  Database will be  based on MPP . Surely we will be using Linux with Cognos 10.2 . Now the problem is we are not sure about the configuration we supposed to take care or really cognos can handle thiskind of massive scale of report executions .

It will be a great help if you anyone can share or through some insights about the configuration measures . and any pros and cons going with this massive scale .

regards