Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-06-05T10:00:18Z by GwyndafDavies
GwyndafDavies
GwyndafDavies
8 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic TRC error - display capture process failed to start

‏2014-03-20T15:24:29Z |

I'm getting this error coming up when remoting into a Windows 8 machine. I'm having to restart the controller and connect again. Do you have any advice on what's causing the problem? 

Regards,

Gwyndaf - IEM Consultant UK 

Attachments

Updated on 2014-03-20T15:55:59Z at 2014-03-20T15:55:59Z by GwyndafDavies
  • Jeremiah_
    Jeremiah_
    7 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: TRC error - display capture process failed to start

‏2014-03-21T14:23:18Z  in response to GwyndafDavies

Hey Gwyndaf,

Can you give some more info on the setup you're using?

I'm assuming by the screenshot/tag it's Windows 8 - but is it deffinetly 8 and not 8.1?

Also, are you using an installed target (and in what mode - Managed, P2P, Broker) - the last one shouldnt matter, but worth testing.

Most importantly - what version of TRC are you using?

I tested this setup (Signing out of Windows) using an installed TRC 9.0.1 target on Windows 8.1 - and it worked fine for me. The session remained and I was able to see the sign on screen from the controller. If you let me know the version - I can test and see if I can reproduce the issue with that version.

Thanks,

Jeremiah

Updated on 2014-03-21T15:57:22Z at 2014-03-21T15:57:22Z by Jeremiah_
    • GwyndafDavies
      GwyndafDavies
      8 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: TRC error - display capture process failed to start

‏2014-06-05T10:00:18Z  in response to Jeremiah_

Apologies for the late reply on this one. The OS was Windows 8 and the user was using it in P2P mode only. It was the current version of TRC at the time, however we have since updated. I personally was never able to generate the error and I tried to replicate the scenario as close as possible. Since, I've put it down to the target machines being affected by third party software. I haven't seen the error since so not able to troubleshoot it any further. 

Thank you for getting back to me on this though. 

Regards,

Gwyn