• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2019-05-28T14:54:57Z by Juanfergar
Juanfergar
Juanfergar
21 Posts

Pinned topic Create a group

‏2019-05-28T06:48:12Z | group

Hi,

I want to create a Group with DXL, my user is a Database Manager so I have permissions to create it.

I am using the function "string addGroup(string name)", but it doesn't work. If I create an If to see if the group exists with the function "existsGroup", it returns that the group exists, but I can't see it, and if I close and reopen DOORS, with the function returns that doesn't exist.

Thank you!

• PekkaMakinen
    PekkaMakinen
    208 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Create a group

‏2019-05-28T08:10:03Z  

The "addUser" function in DXL Reference has a note "This action takes effect after the user directory has been refreshed using the saveDirectory function"  - I would think that the same applies to the addGroup.

• PekkaMakinen
    PekkaMakinen
    208 Posts

‏2019-05-28T08:10:03Z  

The "addUser" function in DXL Reference has a note "This action takes effect after the user directory has been refreshed using the saveDirectory function"  - I would think that the same applies to the addGroup.

• Juanfergar
    Juanfergar
    21 Posts

‏2019-05-28T14:54:57Z  

Thank you!!

It's just like you say, it needs the same than the users.