Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-02T23:02:56Z by DanielFarrell
DanielFarrell
DanielFarrell
15 Posts

Pinned topic Easy q: In Studio, How to compile just 1 application ..

‏2013-07-02T14:16:44Z |

Hello Experts ..

Hey, easy question, but I've spent more than 25 minutes trying to adjust this

and its annoying me-

--

In Stream Studio, in the SPL Editor view, I type, then hit control-S to save my

code, go off and run my application. Except, either its always done this or I

just started noticing it; control-S is causing every Streams application in my

Streams project to be compiled, even though that source has not changed.

How do I configure Studio to only compile the one file I have saved ?

(I've looked, can't find it.)

thanks,

Daniel

• pvallen
    pvallen
    18 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Easy q: In Studio, How to compile just 1 application ..

‏2013-07-02T15:32:13Z  

Daniel,

Streams Studio does not know which individual source files may affect the compilation of each application.

The build process is two steps, 1) rebuild the toolkit index (the toolkit.xml file) for the project) and 2) recompile the active build configuration for each main composite operator in the project. (Each main composite operator in the project can have one active build configuration.)

You can do a number of things to reduce the number of main composite compilations that occur when you save the source file during editing.

- Mark build configurations as inactive if you do not want them to recompile. Managing the build configurations this way might be cumbersome, but it is an option.

- Organize your projects to have fewer applications in each project. Placing a single application per project will reduce the builds to one per source file being modified.

- Turn off Eclipse's auto-build build feature (Project->Auto-build), and run the Build action for each build configuration as needed. This is sort of the "big switch" approach putting you in charge of when applications are recompiled.

• pvallen
    pvallen
    18 Posts

‏2013-07-02T15:32:13Z  

Daniel,

Streams Studio does not know which individual source files may affect the compilation of each application.

The build process is two steps, 1) rebuild the toolkit index (the toolkit.xml file) for the project) and 2) recompile the active build configuration for each main composite operator in the project. (Each main composite operator in the project can have one active build configuration.)

You can do a number of things to reduce the number of main composite compilations that occur when you save the source file during editing.

- Mark build configurations as inactive if you do not want them to recompile. Managing the build configurations this way might be cumbersome, but it is an option.

- Organize your projects to have fewer applications in each project. Placing a single application per project will reduce the builds to one per source file being modified.

- Turn off Eclipse's auto-build build feature (Project->Auto-build), and run the Build action for each build configuration as needed. This is sort of the "big switch" approach putting you in charge of when applications are recompiled.

• DanielFarrell
    DanielFarrell
    15 Posts

‏2013-07-02T23:02:56Z  
    • pvallen
    • ‏2013-07-02T15:32:13Z

Daniel,

Thanks PVallen !!