• 10 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-10T06:39:56Z by FurqanAhmed
FurqanAhmed
FurqanAhmed
7 Posts

Pinned topic IBM Systemx 3650 7915(M4)

‏2013-06-03T12:01:00Z |

Dear All,

I want to install EXS4.0 on IBM x3650 7915(M4) model, the below mention problem I have facing to install ESX server.

1) No server guide has been received with the server.

2) The windows only server guide has been available to IBM official website.

3)if we create IBM tool center media to create bootable ISO there is no my machine type available on the list ,if we used Linux scripting tool there is no ESX SERVER in the listed image creating.

how we can install ESx server4.0, how we can create the server guide to install ESx server. 

Regards

Furqan Ahmed

• Novikov_Alexander
    Novikov_Alexander
    6932 Posts

Re: IBM Systemx 3650 7915(M4)

‏2013-06-03T16:23:02Z  

Dear Furqan,

ESX 4.0 is not supported for server x3650m4. Use only supported versions from compatibility list :

VMware Operating System
    OS and OS Extension Information
    http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/info/x86servers/serverproven/compat/us/nos/vmware.html

Supported ESXi software available on the next page:

IBM x86 solutions for VMware
    Scalable. Resilient. x86 virtualization solutions.
    http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/x/os/vmware/index.html

Regards,
    Alexander Novikov
    Russia, Moscow

• FurqanAhmed
    FurqanAhmed
    7 Posts

‏2013-06-04T06:12:39Z  

Dear Furqan,

ESX 4.0 is not supported for server x3650m4. Use only supported versions from compatibility list :

VMware Operating System
    OS and OS Extension Information
    http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/info/x86servers/serverproven/compat/us/nos/vmware.html

Supported ESXi software available on the next page:

IBM x86 solutions for VMware
    Scalable. Resilient. x86 virtualization solutions.
    http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/x/os/vmware/index.html

Regards,
    Alexander Novikov
    Russia, Moscow

Dear Alexander,

Thanx for the reply, i have downloaded the ESXSERVER 4.1 with IBM customization from the above mention list, please tell me how to create serverguide for IBM x3650(M4) 7915. i have try tried to create it with "IBM tool CENTER but the problem is that machine type 7915 is not in available list if we try to create with "linux scripting" tool the only redhat and suse flavore avaliable for the bootable iso.

Regards

Furqan Ahmed.

• Novikov_Alexander
    Novikov_Alexander
    6932 Posts

‏2013-06-04T19:26:44Z  

Dear Alexander,

Thanx for the reply, i have downloaded the ESXSERVER 4.1 with IBM customization from the above mention list, please tell me how to create serverguide for IBM x3650(M4) 7915. i have try tried to create it with "IBM tool CENTER but the problem is that machine type 7915 is not in available list if we try to create with "linux scripting" tool the only redhat and suse flavore avaliable for the bootable iso.

Regards

Furqan Ahmed.

Hi Furqan,

why you want serverguide if will use ESXi? Just use downloaded ESXi 4.1 with IBM customization for installation.

Regards,
    Alexander Novikov
    Russia, Moscow

• DaveQ
    DaveQ
    141 Posts

‏2013-06-05T03:13:20Z  

Dear Alexander,

Regards

Furqan Ahmed.

Hi Furqan,

You do not use ServerGuide or any other preparation software when using an IBM customized vSphere installer. You just need to boot the server using the version of the IBM customized vSphere installer (in your case 4.1, which is supported by the 3650 M4), and start the installation. The drivers for your server model are already included in the customized installer image.

Regards,

Dave

• FurqanAhmed
    FurqanAhmed
    7 Posts

‏2013-06-05T11:45:47Z  
    • DaveQ
    • ‏2013-06-05T03:13:20Z

Hi Furqan,

You do not use ServerGuide or any other preparation software when using an IBM customized vSphere installer. You just need to boot the server using the version of the IBM customized vSphere installer (in your case 4.1, which is supported by the 3650 M4), and start the installation. The drivers for your server model are already included in the customized installer image.

Regards,

Dave

Dear Alaxander,dave,

Thanx for the reply, i have downloaded the ESXserver ISO from IBM websites and installed it. but these image are on 60 days trial software, can you guyz provide us the key for this iso.

Regards

Furqan Ahmed

• DaveQ
    DaveQ
    141 Posts

‏2013-06-05T16:06:44Z  

Dear Alaxander,dave,

Thanx for the reply, i have downloaded the ESXserver ISO from IBM websites and installed it. but these image are on 60 days trial software, can you guyz provide us the key for this iso.

Regards

Furqan Ahmed

Hi Furqan,

You must obtain VMware license keys for the product and edition you need from VMware or a third-party software vendor.

The IBM customized installers are just the the base operating system for use on IBM hardware, not free releases of VMware products.

Dave

• FurqanAhmed
    FurqanAhmed
    7 Posts

‏2013-06-07T12:49:49Z  
    • DaveQ
    • ‏2013-06-05T16:06:44Z

Hi Furqan,

You must obtain VMware license keys for the product and edition you need from VMware or a third-party software vendor.

The IBM customized installers are just the the base operating system for use on IBM hardware, not free releases of VMware products.

Dave

dear Dave,

Thanx for the reply.

Furqan Ahmed

• FurqanAhmed
    FurqanAhmed
    7 Posts

‏2013-06-08T10:35:54Z  

dear Dave,

Thanx for the reply.

Furqan Ahmed

Dear dave,Alex,

Please find the attahced ESX4.1 licensing information. my question is that, this is the licensed product or not, initially when i install this product it promplt me this is 60 days trail version. when i accessed licesing information from vsphere client it shows me that the licesed is never expired. please tell me this is the licensedd product or not.

Regards

Furqan Ahmed.

Attachments

• DaveQ
    DaveQ
    141 Posts

‏2013-06-09T01:35:50Z  

Dear dave,Alex,

Please find the attahced ESX4.1 licensing information. my question is that, this is the licensed product or not, initially when i install this product it promplt me this is 60 days trail version. when i accessed licesing information from vsphere client it shows me that the licesed is never expired. please tell me this is the licensedd product or not.

Regards

Furqan Ahmed.

Furqan,

IBM does not provided licensed copies of VMware vSphere. You do not have the licensed copy if using an IBM provided image. What you are seeing is the free or evalutation version of the hypervisor and not a licensed version. Again, you must contact VMware or a third-party software vendor to purchase and provide you with a license key for the version and edition of vSphere which you require. 

You will notice the limitations on the client - you are limited in terms of processor count and core limit, memory limit, and no other vSphere functionality is present (such as vMotion, clustering, etc.). Installing a VMware-provided license key will enable the other functionality and increase the hardware support limitations to the levels you need. (for example - if you have 2 6-core processors, you will only be able to use one based on the limitation without a full license key)

I suggest you contact VMware for further licensing support.

Dave

Updated on 2013-06-09T01:36:52Z at 2013-06-09T01:36:52Z by DaveQ
  • FurqanAhmed
    FurqanAhmed
    7 Posts

‏2013-06-10T06:39:56Z  
    • DaveQ
    • ‏2013-06-09T01:35:50Z

Furqan,

IBM does not provided licensed copies of VMware vSphere. You do not have the licensed copy if using an IBM provided image. What you are seeing is the free or evalutation version of the hypervisor and not a licensed version. Again, you must contact VMware or a third-party software vendor to purchase and provide you with a license key for the version and edition of vSphere which you require. 

You will notice the limitations on the client - you are limited in terms of processor count and core limit, memory limit, and no other vSphere functionality is present (such as vMotion, clustering, etc.). Installing a VMware-provided license key will enable the other functionality and increase the hardware support limitations to the levels you need. (for example - if you have 2 6-core processors, you will only be able to use one based on the limitation without a full license key)

I suggest you contact VMware for further licensing support.

Dave

Dear Dave,

Thanx for the reply.

Regards

Furqan Ahmed