• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-26T07:37:18Z by Bane
Bane
Bane
4 Posts

Pinned topic Storwize V7000 external virtualization

‏2013-08-23T09:56:38Z |

Hi all,

In the near future Ill need to migrate data from DS5100 to V7000. We lack of ports on SAN switches and I can connect V7000 with only 2 ports from each controller node (4 ports all together). In documentation "Implementing Storwize V7000"  it says

"Zone a minimum of two and a maximum of 16 Fibre Channel ports from the external
storage system with all eight Fibre Channel ports on the IBM Storwize V7000 system."

I have a dillema over this sentence, can I use virtualization features wit only 4 ports.

Thank you,

Bane

• chriscanto
    chriscanto
    292 Posts

Re: Storwize V7000 external virtualization

‏2013-08-23T12:28:11Z  

Don't worry.  That bit of documentation is out of date.  The key requirement is that you present the same storage ports to all the node canisters in the system, so that they have a symmetric view of the world (for failover).  It doesn't matter if you don't have all the node ports attached to the SAN, two ports per node canister will be fine.

• Bane
    Bane
    4 Posts

Re: Storwize V7000 external virtualization

‏2013-08-26T07:37:18Z  

Don't worry.  That bit of documentation is out of date.  The key requirement is that you present the same storage ports to all the node canisters in the system, so that they have a symmetric view of the world (for failover).  It doesn't matter if you don't have all the node ports attached to the SAN, two ports per node canister will be fine.

chriscanto, thanks for info!