Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-04-29T02:31:06Z by Dave-Robinson
bujjiece4u
bujjiece4u
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic deliver a workiing code from one a1.a2.a3 stream to b1.b2.b3 stream

‏2013-04-26T10:57:03Z |

Hi,

I'm new to clearcase.

I have a working code in

a1--> a2 --> a3 stream (a1 is main pvob, a2 is basic stream, a3 is development stream)

Here all the code is working. This is not done by me. but a view in this and runing the code seems a reasonable pass code.

I want to deliver this code to b1 --> b2 --> b3

I see that the code in b3 stream is broken and I don't know where it is got from.

What is the best way to get the code from there to here.

Suresh

• Dave-Robinson
    Dave-Robinson
    116 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: deliver a workiing code from one a1.a2.a3 stream to b1.b2.b3 stream

‏2013-04-29T02:31:06Z  in response to bujjiece4u

There are probably a number of ways to achieve what you want, and it is difficult to recommend a "best" way based on the specification you have given.

Let me start by trying to restate the issue in a more conventional way.

You have code (Is this all in one UCM component or spread across several?) in a UCM project proj_A@\PVOB_A,

that you are happy with - in particular in development stream "a3"  (Are you not happy with the code in the integration stream?)

You have a second UCM project in a different PVOB - proj_B@\PVOB_B  with code you are not happy with

(By "code" do you mean the entire component or a specific source file or set of files?)

You state "the code in b3 stream is broken and I don't know where it is got from."

Probably the place to start then is by navigating to the UCM component (In Project Explorer select the PVOB where the component is from and go to the "Components" subfolder) and right click on it and "Browse Baselines"

In the resultant Component Tree Browser, navigate to the problem stream and you should be able to see where its code has come from.

It would be imprudent to suggest any kind of "solution" without understanding this, and the purpose of proj_A and proj_B.

(You may like to open a PMR to discuss the issue with Rational Client Suport.