IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on December 31, 2019. On January 1, 2020, this forum will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-04-16T23:04:39Z by MartinBurch
MayurBhosekar
MayurBhosekar
3 Posts

Pinned topic Cannot attach a drawing modified in AutoCAD 2015 and saved in AutoCAD 2013 file format

‏2015-04-15T16:35:23Z | autocad cad cadintegrator ci

Hello,

We are currently using AutoCAD 2013 with CAD integrator 12.0.1.0. Because of our current Tririga platform version 3.3.1.3, we cannot currently upgrade to a more current CI for a few more months. One of our coworkers happened to open several (90) of our CAFM CAD files in the AutoCAD 2015 version and only added a paper space tab. In doing so, none of our CAFM files want to work now in CI. We have tried to remove the work that was done in 2015. We have done audits, and purges, and still no success. We have even tried to save down to 2010 and even dxfout the file. The only thing that comes close is to DXFout to R14, but then we lose our links to the database.

We were wondering if anyone can help us out of this jam. It will take us 2 months to fix the drawings if we have to copy these plines out into a new file and reattach them to the database. In the meantime, we are looking at doing an platform upgrade, but that will also take our group possibly a year to upgrade. Please give me your suggestions.  Kindly find the screenshots of this issue and the cad integrator log attached to this topic. Thanks.

Attachments

Updated on 2015-04-15T16:38:35Z at 2015-04-15T16:38:35Z by MayurBhosekar
  • MartinBurch
    MartinBurch
    146 Posts

Re: Cannot attach a drawing modified in AutoCAD 2015 and saved in AutoCAD 2013 file format

‏2015-04-15T19:25:53Z  

Can you turn on debug logging (https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/IBM%20TRIRIGA1/page/Turn%20on%20full%20logging%20in%20CI) and attach the log file with the debug info?

Ordinarily you could detach the drawing to restore the state, but it is not available in the menu, so hopefully the log would show what the "state" the drawing is in in the meantime.  Another thing that might help would be to provide the output when you run the "TRGA_SHOWDOCDATA" command.

• MartinBurch
    MartinBurch
    146 Posts

Re: Cannot attach a drawing modified in AutoCAD 2015 and saved in AutoCAD 2013 file format

‏2015-04-15T20:36:06Z  

Can you turn on debug logging (https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/IBM%20TRIRIGA1/page/Turn%20on%20full%20logging%20in%20CI) and attach the log file with the debug info?

Ordinarily you could detach the drawing to restore the state, but it is not available in the menu, so hopefully the log would show what the "state" the drawing is in in the meantime.  Another thing that might help would be to provide the output when you run the "TRGA_SHOWDOCDATA" command.

To be clear, did the person who opened these drawings in AutoCAD 2015 also have CI installed, and if so, what version?  So far I cannot replicate this issue by simply opening an attached 2013 drawing in AutoCAD 2015 and adding a paperspace tab, saving and reopening in AutoCAD 2013.

• MayurBhosekar
    MayurBhosekar
    3 Posts

‏2015-04-16T20:28:38Z  

To be clear, did the person who opened these drawings in AutoCAD 2015 also have CI installed, and if so, what version?  So far I cannot replicate this issue by simply opening an attached 2013 drawing in AutoCAD 2015 and adding a paperspace tab, saving and reopening in AutoCAD 2013.

Martin,

Thanks a lot for your response. Please find the CAD integrator log data captured in debug mode. I have also attached the output of the command "TRGA_SHOWDOCDATA" in the document attached to this email. Kindly, note that the user has both AutoCAD 2015 and 2013 installed on his laptop. But CI is being used only from AutoCAD 2013. We were able to replicate this issue with the following steps. 

• Create a simple drawing with a polygon in AutoCAD 2013.
    • Attach the drawing to Tririga.
    • Modify the same drawing in AutoCAD 2015 .
    • Open the drawing again in AutoCAD 2013, CI options get greyed out.

Attachments

• MartinBurch
    MartinBurch
    146 Posts

‏2015-04-16T23:04:39Z  

Martin,

Thanks a lot for your response. Please find the CAD integrator log data captured in debug mode. I have also attached the output of the command "TRGA_SHOWDOCDATA" in the document attached to this email. Kindly, note that the user has both AutoCAD 2015 and 2013 installed on his laptop. But CI is being used only from AutoCAD 2013. We were able to replicate this issue with the following steps. 

• Create a simple drawing with a polygon in AutoCAD 2013.
    • Attach the drawing to Tririga.
    • Modify the same drawing in AutoCAD 2015 .
    • Open the drawing again in AutoCAD 2013, CI options get greyed out.

I am afraid I am unable to replicate your scenario.  The fact that AutoCAD shows that error message, rather than output some information, when you run the TRGA_SHOWDOCDATA suggests that there is something corrupt in the drawing.  At this point I can only suggest that you open a PMR so support can take a closer look at the corrupt drawings themselves to see if they are recoverable.

Actually there is one ore thing that might help, follow the same instructions for full logging and post the ci.out log, as that should show what exception is being thrown in AutoCAD which is causing this failure.

Updated on 2015-04-16T23:13:31Z at 2015-04-16T23:13:31Z by MartinBurch