Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-11-21T15:31:27Z by Codeoline
Codeoline
Codeoline
141 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic event.log

‏2013-11-21T14:41:20Z |

I would like to look through the event.log for an error and I can not find this file is.

Where do i find the log files.  I looked in WebContent/WEB-INF/logs but i dont see any event files.

Where do I find the log files?

Any help will be appreciated.

• mburati
    mburati
    2466 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: event.log

‏2013-11-21T14:53:03Z  in response to Codeoline

WebContent/WEB-INF/logs is in your Eclipse project, so would only show errors that occur in the Eclipse based Designer.

If you're looking for errors occurring at runtime in your app or portal server, then you need to look in the deployed WAR file on your app or portal server.

For instance, on my local portal server installed directly under my c:/ibm, my dev mode WAR for my tfp project is in 

C:\IBM\wp_profile\installedApps\myappservercellname\tfp.ear\tfp.war\WEB-INF\logs

For my WAS CE server with WEF installed at c:/wef and the bundled WASCE installed directly under that, my twasce project's deployed WAR logs folder is at:

C:\wef\WASCE\repository\geronimo\twasce\1\twasce-1.war\WEB-INF\logs

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati 
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

• Codeoline
      Codeoline
      141 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: event.log

‏2013-11-21T15:31:27Z  in response to mburati

Thank You,

I believe what i was looking for I found in  

C:\IBM\Web Experience Factory\WASCE\repository\geronimo\applicationName\1\applicationName-1.war\WEB-INF\logs