• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-07T13:58:59Z by SureshU
SureshU
SureshU
87 Posts

Pinned topic Retrieve All Toolkit Snapshots details using REST API

‏2013-08-05T20:09:43Z | api rest toolkits

Hi All,

We are trying to get information related to toolkits using REST API by calling "rest/bpm/wle/v1/toolkit". It returns result but installedsnapshots details are always null but when we use "rest/bpm/wle/v1/processApps" to get details for processApp, we get the result along with installedSnapshots details.

Has anyone encountered such issue?

Thanks,

Suresh

Attachments

• AndrewPaier
    AndrewPaier
    1037 Posts

Re: Retrieve All Toolkit Snapshots details using REST API

‏2013-08-06T22:11:13Z  

This is because a Toolkit cannot be "installed" to a server, only Process Apps can.  Now, toolkits can be included in a Process App that is installed on a server, and one might argue that they should return themselves as installed when this is true, but that is not what the API is doing.

Looking at your screenshot I suspect you are trying to do a "Bad Thingtm"  such as trying to invoke something directly on a specific snapshot of a toolkit.  As I said since Toolkits cannot be installed/deployed this is a mistake.  If you want to invoke something on a given toolkit you should access it through the Process App snapshot that uses the desired snapshot of the toolkit.  That way you have something (the PA snapshot) you can actually deploy to a runtime server.

Andrew Paier  |  Director  |  BP3 Global, Inc.
    BP3 Global's Website  |  Twitter  |  Linkedin  |  Google+  |  Blogs

• SureshU
    SureshU
    87 Posts

Re: Retrieve All Toolkit Snapshots details using REST API

‏2013-08-07T13:58:59Z  

This is because a Toolkit cannot be "installed" to a server, only Process Apps can.  Now, toolkits can be included in a Process App that is installed on a server, and one might argue that they should return themselves as installed when this is true, but that is not what the API is doing.

Looking at your screenshot I suspect you are trying to do a "Bad Thingtm"  such as trying to invoke something directly on a specific snapshot of a toolkit.  As I said since Toolkits cannot be installed/deployed this is a mistake.  If you want to invoke something on a given toolkit you should access it through the Process App snapshot that uses the desired snapshot of the toolkit.  That way you have something (the PA snapshot) you can actually deploy to a runtime server.

Andrew Paier  |  Director  |  BP3 Global, Inc.
    BP3 Global's Website  |  Twitter  |  Linkedin  |  Google+  |  Blogs

Thanks a lot Andrews.

Its seems very reasonable to have snapshot as null in case of toolkit but we got confused by looking at the example in Infocenter. 

We got this done by using "/rest/bpm/wle/v1/project/{projectId}/snapshots" and getting projectId from toolkit rest API.