Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-22T17:39:29Z by franzw
Nuttapong
Nuttapong
22 Posts

Pinned topic ITIM Workflow: is there anyway to call services's reconciliation method from workflow?

‏2013-10-21T11:27:17Z |

Hi,

I have to modify some account that has the exception value at the target application.
The customer want to keep the exception value before ITIM submited the new value.
So in the modify workflow, I want to run reconcile that account to know the current value and submit it with the new value.

By the way, the customer don't want to run reconciliation everyday.
So I have to do it from workflow one by one.

Thank a lots,
Nuttapong

• goonitsupport
    goonitsupport
    117 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ITIM Workflow: is there anyway to call services's reconciliation method from workflow?

‏2013-10-21T12:02:59Z  

I am not sure I understand your requirement as it seems a little contradictory. The question is why would you want to do this?

So instead of doing a daily reconciliation you want to reconcile an account every time an account is modified? Sometimes it is our job just to say no, it isn't the correct way to do this. Technically it is possible but very difficult to do what you request but I believe it wouldn't achieve your end goal (you have not changed anything about the way the recon enforces changes).

I haven't looked but there used to be a feature where the adapter notifies ISIM of the account being changed on the Target Platform called Event Notification. In 10 years I have never used this feature by design and I have no inclination to check whether it is there now.

Honestly do not go down this path please! It is much better to do periodic reconciliation (daily, weekly) so perhaps you can advise your reasons why this wouldn't be acceptable to the customer?

So if you perform periodic reconciliation what you really want to know is what the discovered values were before correct compliance enforces/changes them? Please confirm more details.

Anyone else want to see IBM give us a reconciliation workflow so that we can have more control here?

• goonitsupport
    goonitsupport
    117 Posts

Re: ITIM Workflow: is there anyway to call services's reconciliation method from workflow?

‏2013-10-21T12:02:59Z  

I am not sure I understand your requirement as it seems a little contradictory. The question is why would you want to do this?

So instead of doing a daily reconciliation you want to reconcile an account every time an account is modified? Sometimes it is our job just to say no, it isn't the correct way to do this. Technically it is possible but very difficult to do what you request but I believe it wouldn't achieve your end goal (you have not changed anything about the way the recon enforces changes).

I haven't looked but there used to be a feature where the adapter notifies ISIM of the account being changed on the Target Platform called Event Notification. In 10 years I have never used this feature by design and I have no inclination to check whether it is there now.

Honestly do not go down this path please! It is much better to do periodic reconciliation (daily, weekly) so perhaps you can advise your reasons why this wouldn't be acceptable to the customer?

So if you perform periodic reconciliation what you really want to know is what the discovered values were before correct compliance enforces/changes them? Please confirm more details.

Anyone else want to see IBM give us a reconciliation workflow so that we can have more control here?

• Nuttapong
    Nuttapong
    22 Posts

‏2013-10-22T02:51:15Z  

Thank for your advice. I know we should do in that way(daily, weekly reconciliation) but I still want to know technically how to reconcile in workflows.

Has someone known how to do that please tell me. I just want to know.

Thanks a lot,

Nuttapong

• goonitsupport
    goonitsupport
    117 Posts

‏2013-10-22T06:48:00Z  
    • Nuttapong
    • ‏2013-10-22T02:51:15Z

Thank for your advice. I know we should do in that way(daily, weekly reconciliation) but I still want to know technically how to reconcile in workflows.

Thanks a lot,

Nuttapong

You can write an ISIM extension to submit a reconciliation through the APIs. Of course Recon is not a synchronous process so you will not have any control after submission and will not know when it is complete. That is why I say it won't achieve your end goal.

• franzw
    franzw
    395 Posts

‏2013-10-22T17:39:29Z  
    • Nuttapong
    • ‏2013-10-22T02:51:15Z

Thanks a lot,

Nuttapong

Why do you insist on getting help to hurt yourself ?

I could easily tell you have to do this - but it does not make sense. Instead you should spend some time studying the architecture and the API - e.g. go through the examples and try to understand how things plays together.

No reason to bother the community - sorry ( imay sound rough - but hopefully you will in the future understand that this is actually a good advice...)

Regards

Franz Wolfhagen