Topic
  • 12 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2016-12-21T06:34:21Z by Anders Heuch
Anders Heuch
Anders Heuch
9 Posts

Pinned topic Activity log is filled with unwanted messages.

‏2016-11-25T07:59:22Z | iib10

My problem is that the Activity Log for IIB is filled (or even flooded) with the below message, which appears twice every 5 seconds

13025,I,"2016-11-22 15:24:12.557387",474,,"RM=MQ,",IIBQMPR1,

Can anyone advise how to suppres the above problem?

Product: IBM Integration Bus v10.0.0.5
Installation: IBM Integration Bus installed as client of IBM MQ v8 in a MQ Multi-instance configuration

• Anders Heuch
    Anders Heuch
    9 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Activity log is filled with unwanted messages.

‏2016-12-21T06:34:21Z  

Hi Supriyo,

IIBQMPR1 is the default queue manager. We only use it to control to the Multi-instance setup - we have yet not found any business problems which needs a solution involving MQ queues.

Hi again,

I have now applied a filter with the value "NODETYPE=INPUT". This removes the unwanted messages.

Thanks for your assistance

• fjb_saper
    fjb_saper
    159 Posts

‏2016-12-12T14:02:45Z  

Wouldn't that be the multi-instance heart beat checking for the lock ?

• Anders Heuch
    Anders Heuch
    9 Posts

‏2016-12-13T05:55:39Z  
    • fjb_saper
    • ‏2016-12-12T14:02:45Z

Wouldn't that be the multi-instance heart beat checking for the lock ?

I don't think it's the multi-instance heart beat, as this is the Integration Bus activity log and the multi-instance heart beat is performed by MQ

But if it really is, this will make it hard to suppress these log messages.

• SupriyoDebnath
    SupriyoDebnath
    27 Posts

‏2016-12-13T13:57:16Z  

Hi Anders

Activity Log is an integral part of the tool and populated whenever there is a transaction in the message flow. As you say it appears twice every 5 seconds, that means there is approximately 2 transaction your message flow is mediating every 5 seconds. Nonetheless, I think activity log can be configured based on user requirement. You can check the below topic in infocentre

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/bj55060_.htm

• Anders Heuch
    Anders Heuch
    9 Posts

‏2016-12-14T10:38:38Z  

Hi Anders

Activity Log is an integral part of the tool and populated whenever there is a transaction in the message flow. As you say it appears twice every 5 seconds, that means there is approximately 2 transaction your message flow is mediating every 5 seconds. Nonetheless, I think activity log can be configured based on user requirement. You can check the below topic in infocentre

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/bj55060_.htm

Hi Supriyo,

the log messages appear even if I have removed all message flows from the Integration Server, so the log messages are not coming from a message flow

Do you have any idea why?

• SupriyoDebnath
    SupriyoDebnath
    27 Posts

‏2016-12-14T14:17:48Z  

Hi Anders

Can you run the below command on the server and paste the result here?

mqsireportproperties <IntegrationNode> -e <IntegrationServer> -o ComIbmActivityLogManager -a

• Anders Heuch
    Anders Heuch
    9 Posts

‏2016-12-14T15:19:16Z  

Hi Anders

Can you run the below command on the server and paste the result here?

mqsireportproperties <IntegrationNode> -e <IntegrationServer> -o ComIbmActivityLogManager -a

mqsireportproperties RALIIBPR1 -e ALL -o ComIbmActivityLogManager -a

ComIbmActivityLogManager
      uuid='ComIbmActivityLogManager'
      userTraceLevel='none'
      traceLevel='none'
      userTraceFilter='none'
      traceFilter='none'
      activityLogEnabled='true'
      defaultLogSizePerThread='1000'
      minSeverityLevel='INFO'

BIP8071I: Successful command completion.

• SupriyoDebnath
    SupriyoDebnath
    27 Posts

‏2016-12-14T15:49:26Z  

Okay, I don't see any changes in your activity log configuration. It is default configuration. Also I checked the normal entries for activity log in my IIB Admin Console, where I see that activity logs are getting filled with some log entries even if my message flow is waiting for a message or transaction say. That leads me to the conclusion that your case is a normal behaviour. If you want to get rid of it, you should turn it off or change the severity level.

But I am still left with one confusion. You say those are appearing even if you remove all the message flows from server, how on earth is that possible?!! Are you checking the logs from admin console or are you writing them to some external file system??

Updated on 2016-12-14T15:50:23Z at 2016-12-14T15:50:23Z by SupriyoDebnath
  • Anders Heuch
    Anders Heuch
    9 Posts

‏2016-12-15T07:48:27Z  

Okay, I don't see any changes in your activity log configuration. It is default configuration. Also I checked the normal entries for activity log in my IIB Admin Console, where I see that activity logs are getting filled with some log entries even if my message flow is waiting for a message or transaction say. That leads me to the conclusion that your case is a normal behaviour. If you want to get rid of it, you should turn it off or change the severity level.

But I am still left with one confusion. You say those are appearing even if you remove all the message flows from server, how on earth is that possible?!! Are you checking the logs from admin console or are you writing them to some external file system??

Hi Supriyo,

I'm writing the log statements to an external file system.

I just checked the console, and I noticed that the MQTT Publish/Subscribe features are installed. Could it be these features?

And can we turn them off, since the customer don't require these features?

• Anders Heuch
    Anders Heuch
    9 Posts

‏2016-12-15T08:01:47Z  

Hi Supriyo,

I'm writing the log statements to an external file system.

I just checked the console, and I noticed that the MQTT Publish/Subscribe features are installed. Could it be these features?

And can we turn them off, since the customer don't require these features?

Just checked - the MQTT Server is not enabled, so it's probably not MQTT which produces these messages

• SupriyoDebnath
    SupriyoDebnath
    27 Posts

‏2016-12-16T12:41:30Z  

Hi Anders,

It is not MQTT as you see the resource manager is MQ in you message <RM=MQ> . Can you tell me about this IIBQMPR1? Is it the default queue manager for your Integration Node or is it a remote queue manager accessed by some of your message flows? I did some reading about this. As you said, these messages are coming even when you deleted all your message flows, so it is there for some other resource type. There may be some configurable services which is associated with IIBQMPR1. But again I would suggest, if these messages are taunting for you then disable the activity log or change the severity from INFO to a higher level..

• Anders Heuch
    Anders Heuch
    9 Posts

‏2016-12-19T05:42:28Z  

Hi Anders,

It is not MQTT as you see the resource manager is MQ in you message <RM=MQ> . Can you tell me about this IIBQMPR1? Is it the default queue manager for your Integration Node or is it a remote queue manager accessed by some of your message flows? I did some reading about this. As you said, these messages are coming even when you deleted all your message flows, so it is there for some other resource type. There may be some configurable services which is associated with IIBQMPR1. But again I would suggest, if these messages are taunting for you then disable the activity log or change the severity from INFO to a higher level..

Hi Supriyo,

IIBQMPR1 is the default queue manager. We only use it to control to the Multi-instance setup - we have yet not found any business problems which needs a solution involving MQ queues.

• Anders Heuch
    Anders Heuch
    9 Posts

‏2016-12-21T06:34:21Z  

Hi Supriyo,

Hi again,

I have now applied a filter with the value "NODETYPE=INPUT". This removes the unwanted messages.

Thanks for your assistance