Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-07-01T09:37:36Z by pavan_Vi
GPSmith
GPSmith
8 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WTX - General Practices

‏2013-06-28T20:30:33Z |

As part of a WTX upgrade I'm taking a step back and trying to find some reading on "Best Practices" for developing and deploying WTX applications.

Do any of you have a white paper to share?

My environment is completely windows and currently we have a couple shares (Dev & Prod) that we map our desktop to for desiging maps and deploying them to the Launchers.

The training I have had just touches the current eclipse workbench and I am rather new to this environment.  A couple questions I have at this time are:

o  where should I define the project workspace,  On my local desktop drive, or on the share with the WTX source?  

o is there value in using a CVS repository? 

Thanks in advance.

• pavan_Vi
    pavan_Vi
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WTX - General Practices

‏2013-07-01T09:37:36Z  in response to GPSmith

To Answer your Quesitons..

o  where should I define the project workspace,  On my local desktop drive, or on the share with the WTX source?  

It is up to you. You can prefer Dev share or local disk for workspace. Ensure you should easily deploy the maps in prod with out any issue.

o is there value in using a CVS repository? 

There is a CVS plugin in WTX if you see Help->Preference-> type CVS. Of course, there is always a value using CVS repo but it again depends what you are looking.