Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-04-25T19:58:23Z by Chief_Max
Chief_Max
Chief_Max
22 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Report an Issue goes gray

‏2013-04-19T18:36:40Z |

Self Service Center: When I click on "Report an Issue," it grays out, even though from the standard menus I have privileges to create an SR. What must be set to turn on this feature? Also, I'm vaguely familiar with the srmssctr.xml - if this is the starting point to turn the feature on.

And I've looked at the config.properties file, too.

Thanks.

Updated on 2013-04-26T14:04:33Z at 2013-04-26T14:04:33Z by Chief_Max
  • frankb
    frankb
    13 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Report an Issue goes gray

‏2013-04-25T18:53:06Z  in response to Chief_Max

Hi, What might be happening is that you do not have any service desk offerings or templates configured so that when you click on the Report an Issue link there are no records to display.  To create a Service Desk Offering, there is a checkbox in the Offering application for the Offering. There is also a Self Service Access checkbox in the ticket templates app for a ticket template record..

• Chief_Max
      Chief_Max
      22 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-25T19:56:27Z  in response to frankb

In this case, we already had an offering that worked for Request a new Service, but the ticket template tip you gave did the trick!

Goto > Service Desk > Ticket Templates. Do a listing and pick a template. In the Details section, in mid-screen under  Vendor is Self Service Access checkbox. When I checked it, a new section, Self Service Center was displayed on the screen. I had to check Service Desk Template for it to work.

Thanks for the tip.

• Chief_Max
        Chief_Max
        22 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-25T19:58:23Z  in response to Chief_Max

Now, how do I post that this issue is resolved?