• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-02T06:28:42Z by DonaldN
AndyMoller
AndyMoller
2 Posts

Pinned topic ClearQuest on Redhat, connect DB error

‏2013-11-29T02:21:52Z |

Hello friends,

Recently I set up some ClearQuest servers. The one on windows, can work fine. I use a local SQL SERVER db. But the ones on Redhat Enterprise 6 did not work, when try to connect db. I tried it with following DBs:

1, remote sqlsever

2, remote oracle

3, remote DB2

4, local DB2, 

But all got similar errors. It's about:

select metaschema_version from master_global

User database(s) may not be registered.

Let me add a screenshot for those error. Hopefully anyone can help. Thanks a lot.

Please check the error screen from the attachment.

Thanks,

Chi

Attachments

• cglockner
    cglockner
    345 Posts

Re: ClearQuest on Redhat, connect DB error

‏2013-11-29T13:08:44Z  

Hi,

Are you using a named instance for your SQL Server database?

-Christian

• AndyMoller
    AndyMoller
    2 Posts

‏2013-12-02T01:16:58Z  
    • cglockner
    • ‏2013-11-29T13:08:44Z

Hi,

Are you using a named instance for your SQL Server database?

-Christian

Hi Christian,

No, I don't think so. I used the same configuration as what I did from a CQ on windows, which is ok. Since al errors look similar, so I guess it's the CQ problem? I mean, a bad installation?

Thanks,

Chi

• DonaldN
    DonaldN
    287 Posts

‏2013-12-02T06:28:42Z  

Hi Chi,

I wonder whether you've configured all the databases in the same way so that you got the same error? After you set up the database, check the tables using a tool rather than ClearQuest - say SQL*Plus for Oracle, and see what is the "owner" (or schema or whatever is called for the particular DB) for the tables. For example, if you see cqadmin.master_global (the "owner" is cqadmin), then make sure you use "cqadmin" to log on the database within ClearQuest. Another way to check it is to log on the database using an SQL client (such as SQL*Plus or pdsql) and just list the tables, can you see the table "master_global"?

Also, if you just Google "master_global", you should see quite a few technotes on ibm.com addressing similar issues. Take a look and see any of them helps.