IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-08-29T17:58:56Z by aaapb
manar
manar
5 Posts

Pinned topic Bender cut

‏2013-12-09T02:56:53Z |

Hi,

I am kind of new to bender cut formulation, so I am wondering if there is any examples or tutorials that I can use in order to practice bender cut formulation?

If I am using master and sub problem, the I have to add to my variables, constraints and objective the main part?

Also how can I feed solution from on model to another?

Thanks

• manar
    manar
    5 Posts

Re: Bender cut

‏2013-12-09T04:08:43Z  

I meant for the bender cut formulation and relation between master and sub problem, should I use ILOG script? If yes, Is there any tutorial that teach this procedure?

Thanks

• AlexFleischer
    AlexFleischer
    1142 Posts

‏2013-12-09T17:44:44Z  
    • manar
    • ‏2013-12-09T04:08:43Z

I meant for the bender cut formulation and relation between master and sub problem, should I use ILOG script? If yes, Is there any tutorial that teach this procedure?

Thanks

Hi,

have you had a look at the example in

opl\examples\opl\models\Portfolio

portfolioBendersDecomposition.mod and portfolioBendersDecomposition.dat

?

Regards

• aaapb
    aaapb
    5 Posts

‏2014-08-29T17:58:56Z  

Hi,

have you had a look at the example in

opl\examples\opl\models\Portfolio

portfolioBendersDecomposition.mod and portfolioBendersDecomposition.dat

?

Regards

Hi,

I'm also trying to implement benders cut formulation using ILOG Script and I'm looking to the example in opl\examples\opl\models\Portfolio. However, in this example they only used the optimality cuts and, for my problem, I need also the feasibility cuts and I don't how to get the extreme ray using ILOG Script.

Thanks