Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-07T02:20:17Z by waldstein
waldstein
waldstein
33 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic I can not start the instance with multiple hosts!

‏2013-05-06T02:02:55Z |

Hi all,

I use command line to add a host (njprj.XXX.XXX) for my instance. But the available host does not show 2 hosts as I wished in streams explorer. Moreover, when I want to start a instance, the console reports following errors:

Start instance:instance_1@streamsadmin
INFO:CDISC0059I The system is starting the instance_1@streamsadmin instance.
INFO:CDISC0078I The system is starting the runtime services on 2 hosts.
INFO:CDISC0056I The system is starting the distributed name service on the motc.XXX.XXX host. The distributed name service has 1 partitions and 1 replications.
INFO:CDISC0057I The system is setting the NameServiceUrl property of the instance to DN:motc.XXX.XXX:46560, which is the URL of the distributed name service that is running.
INFO:CDISC0061I The system is starting in parallel the runtime services of 1 management hosts.
INFO:CDISC0060I The system is starting in parallel the runtime services of 1 application hosts.
INFO:Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic,password).
INFO:njprj.XXX.XXX failed
ERROR:CDISC5173E The system could not process the following number of hosts: 1. See the previous error messages.

INFO:
INFO:
INFO:CDISC0062I The system is cleaning up after an instance did not start.
INFO:CDISC0063I The system is stopping the runtime services of the instance_1@streamsadmin instance.
INFO:CDISC0026I The system is stopping the runtime services of the instance immediately.
INFO:CDISC0027I The system is stopping the runtime services of the instance. Any failures to stop the services will be ignored.
INFO:CDISC0068I The system is stopping in parallel the runtime services of 2 hosts.

ERROR:CDISC1030W The runtime services on the hosts in the instance were not cleaned up.
ERROR:CDISC1029W The system encountered an error. Because the --force option was specified, the operation will continue.
INFO:CDISC0054I The system is stopping in parallel the distributed name services of the following 1 hosts:
INFO:        motc.XXX.XXX
INFO:CDISC0055I The system is resetting the NameServiceUrl property of the instance because the distributed name service is not running.
ERROR:CDISC5181E The instance did not start. The system shut down and cleaned up the instance services.
Start Instance instance_1@streamsadmin failed: The operation failed.  Exit code = 1
Start instance completed.

My question is : what does "Permission denied" mean? I rpomise these 2 hosts have no communication problem.

Can you please help me?

Thank you.

• waldstein
    waldstein
    33 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Why "available host" is not correct in streams studio ?

‏2013-05-06T05:15:20Z  in response to waldstein

Dears,

I update the .streams/config/hostfile by adding njprj.xxx.xxx. Then, there are 2 available host in streams explorer in Streams Studio. But when I try to start a instance with these 2 hosts. The console reports following errors (different with before):

Start instance:instance_2@streamsadmin
    INFO:CDISC0059I The system is starting the instance_2@streamsadmin instance.
    INFO:CDISC0078I The system is starting the runtime services on 2 hosts.
    INFO:CDISC0056I The system is starting the distributed name service on the motc.xxx.xxx host. The distributed name service has 1 partitions and 1 replications.
    INFO:CDISC0057I The system is setting the NameServiceUrl property of the instance to DN:motc.xxx.xxx:48565, which is the URL of the distributed name service that is running.
    INFO:CDISC0061I The system is starting in parallel the runtime services of 2 management hosts.
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: ###########################################
    INFO:#motc.xxx.xxx: Successfully started daemons: srm,sch,sam
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: FAILED daemon startup: sws
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: ===========================================
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: sws startup msgs:
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: ++ exporting trace level error
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: Using java: /opt/ibm/java-x86_64-60/bin/java
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx:
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: ++ Stopping LWI web server...
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: /home/streamsadmin/.streams/instances/instance_2@streamsadmin
    INFO:#motc.xxx.xxx: [5/6/13 1:04:59 PM] INFO:  [LWIStop] (getCfg()) iid=instance_2@streamsadmin, instanceDirectory=/home/streamsadmin/.streams/instances/instance_2@streamsadmin/sws/ [com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIStop.getCfg(LWIStop.java:201)]
    INFO:# motc.crl.ibm.com: [5/6/13 1:04:59 PM] INFO:  [LWIStop] (doIt) Lock file not found. [com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIStop.doIt(LWIStop.java:247)]
    INFO:# motc.crl.ibm.com: [5/6/13 1:04:59 PM] INFO:  [LWIStop] (doIt) installPath=/opt/ibm/InfoSphereStreams [com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIStop.doIt(LWIStop.java:251)]
    INFO:# motc.crl.ibm.com: [5/6/13 1:04:59 PM] INFO:  [LWIStart] (updateIfNecessary) Checking lwi version [com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIStart.updateIfNecessary(LWIStart.java:1386)]
    INFO:# motc.crl.ibm.com: [5/6/13 1:04:59 PM] INFO:  [LWIStart] (updateIfNecessary) install version: 8.1.1.0 [com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIStart.updateIfNecessary(LWIStart.java:1412)]
    INFO:# motc.crl.ibm.com: [5/6/13 1:04:59 PM] INFO:  [LWIStart] (updateIfNecessary) instance version: 8.1.1.0 [com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIStart.updateIfNecessary(LWIStart.java:1413)]
    INFO:# motc.crl.ibm.com: [5/6/13 1:04:59 PM] INFO:  [LWIStop] (doIt) Stop complete. [com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIStop.doIt(LWIStop.java:254)]
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: ++ Stopping LWI web server... Complete.
    INFO:#motc.xxx.xxx: ping (1/1) STREAMS_RPC_RETRY_MODE_OVERRIDE=bounded STREAMS_RPC_MAX_RETRIES=2 STREAMS_RPC_MAX_REBINDS=0 /opt/ibm/InfoSphereStreams/system/impl/bin/appl-liveness --ns-retry=3 --connector-max-retries=3 --service-name=/dfe/appliveness 2>/dev/null
    INFO:# motc.crl.ibm.com: Exception: Looking up 'dfe/appliveness' failed (not found)
    INFO:# motc.crl.ibm.com: Starting SWS; running: /opt/ibm/java-x86_64-60/bin/java -Xms64m -Dcom.ibm.tools.attach.enable=no -cp /opt/ibm/InfoSphereStreams/lib/streams.sws.lwi.jar:/opt/ibm/InfoSphereStreams/lib/streams.sws.admin.jar:/opt/ibm/InfoSphereStreams/lib/streams.sws.util.jar com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIStart -instdir /home/streamsadmin/.streams/instances/instance_2@streamsadmin/sws -http OFF -https 8443 -certformat '${cn}'
    INFO:#motc.xxx.xxx: [5/6/13 1:05:03 PM] INFO:  [LWIStart] (updateIfNecessary) Checking lwi version [com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIStart.updateIfNecessary(LWIStart.java:1386)]
    INFO:#motc.xxx.xxx: [5/6/13 1:05:03 PM] INFO:  [LWIStart] (updateIfNecessary) install version: 8.1.1.0 [com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIStart.updateIfNecessary(LWIStart.java:1412)]
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: [5/6/13 1:05:03 PM] INFO:  [LWIStart] (updateIfNecessary) instance version: 8.1.1.0 [com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIStart.updateIfNecessary(LWIStart.java:1413)]
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: [5/6/13 1:05:03 PM] INFO:  [LWIUtilObject] (validateLWIInstanceDirectory) Specified LWI instance directory is.... </home/streamsadmin/.streams/instances/instance_2@streamsadmin/sws>. [com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIUtilObject.validateLWIInstanceDirectory(LWIUtilObject.java:173)]
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: [5/6/13 1:05:03 PM] INFO:  [LWIStart] (_validateHttpPort) LWI HTTP port is....................... <OFF>. [com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIStart._validateHttpPort(LWIStart.java:1027)]
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: [5/6/13 1:05:03 PM] INFO:  [LWIStart] (_validateSSLPort) LWI SSL port is........................ <8443>. [com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIStart._validateSSLPort(LWIStart.java:1060)]
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: [5/6/13 1:05:03 PM] INFO:  [LWIStart] (doIt) Validating truststore password [com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIStart.doIt(LWIStart.java:519)]
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: [5/6/13 1:05:03 PM] INFO:  [LWIStart] (doIt) Validating keystore password [com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIStart.doIt(LWIStart.java:528)]
    INFO:#motc.xxx.xxx: [5/6/13 1:05:03 PM] INFO:  [LWIStart] (doIt) Checking for SSL port availability on: 8443 [com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIStart.doIt(LWIStart.java:619)]
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: StreamsLogger:getLogger entry
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: StreamsLogger:createLogger entry
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: FileLogger.setLevel: warn
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: com.ibm.distillery.dfe.util.DFEException: Can not start the SWS web application server.  The SSL port is already in use.
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx:     at com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIStart.doIt(LWIStart.java:623)
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx:     at com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIStart.main(LWIStart.java:1746)
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: [5/6/13 1:05:03 PM] ERROR:  [LWIStart] (httpsPortAvailable()) port is not available: 8443 [com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIStart._httpsPortAvailable(LWIStart.java:799)]
    INFO:#motc.xxx.xxx: [5/6/13 1:05:03 PM] ERROR:  [LWIStart] (doIt) Can not start the SWS web application server.  The SSL port is already in use. [com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIStart.doIt(LWIStart.java:621)]
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: [5/6/13 1:05:04 PM] ERROR:  [LWIStart] (main()) LWIStart.main(): Caught DFEException: Can not start the SWS web application server.  The SSL port is already in use. [com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIStart.main(LWIStart.java:1754)]
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: com.ibm.distillery.dfe.util.DFEException: Can not start the SWS web application server.  The SSL port is already in use.
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx:     at com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIStart.doIt(LWIStart.java:623)
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx:     at com.ibm.distillery.dfe.lwi.LWIStart.main(LWIStart.java:1746)
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: Can not start the SWS web application server.  The SSL port is already in use.
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: ===========================================
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: sws log tail(100):
    INFO:# motc.xxx.xxx: ###########################################
    INFO:motc.xxx.xxx failed
    INFO:njprj.xxx.xxx failed
    ERROR:CDISC5173E The system could not process the following number of hosts: 2. See the previous error messages.
    INFO:
    INFO:
    INFO:CDISC0062I The system is cleaning up after an instance did not start.
    INFO:CDISC0063I The system is stopping the runtime services of the instance_2@streamsadmin instance.
    INFO:CDISC0026I The system is stopping the runtime services of the instance immediately.
    INFO:CDISC0027I The system is stopping the runtime services of the instance. Any failures to stop the services will be ignored.
    INFO:CDISC0068I The system is stopping in parallel the runtime services of 2 hosts.
    INFO:njprj.xxx.xxx failed
    ERROR:CDISC1030W The runtime services on the hosts in the instance were not cleaned up.
    ERROR:CDISC1029W The system encountered an error. Because the --force option was specified, the operation will continue.
    INFO:CDISC0054I The system is stopping in parallel the distributed name services of the following 1 hosts:
    INFO:        motc.xxx.xxx
    INFO:CDISC0055I The system is resetting the NameServiceUrl property of the instance because the distributed name service is not running.
    ERROR:CDISC5181E The instance did not start. The system shut down and cleaned up the instance services.
    Start Instance instance_2@streamsadmin failed: The operation failed.  Exit code = 1
    Start instance completed.

I am looking forward to see your help....

• DennyHatz
      DennyHatz
      102 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-06T14:54:25Z  in response to waldstein

The web application server of the Streams Web Service cannot be started because the  SSL port 8443is already used by a different application:

Explanation

The Streams Web Service communicates by using an SSL port, which is specified in the instance configuration. A different application is already using the specified SSL port.

In the instance configuration, change the SSL port of the Streams Web Service, or shut down the application that currently uses the specified port. Then, start the instance, or start the Streams Web Service.

To change the SSL port used by the Streams Web Service use the following command:

streamtool setproperty  -i instancename SWS.httpsPort= (new port number or 0 if you want an open port to be chosen dynamically

More info. on this property:

SWS.httpsPort:
            The SSL port number to use. Specify a value between 0 and
               65535. If a value of zero is specified, an open port will
               be dynamically chosen when the instance is started.
            Type: integer, required, updated pending an instance restart
            Default value: 8443

• waldstein
        waldstein
        33 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-07T02:20:17Z  in response to DennyHatz

Hello Denny,

thanks. I deleted other instances and left the instance with 2 hosts only. But the instance can not be started successfully, either. The errors are the same as above:

ERROR:CDISC5173E The system could not process the following number of hosts: 1. See the previous error messages.

I am totally confused and helpess :(

• KanatT.
    KanatT.
    13 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: I can not start the instance with multiple hosts!

‏2013-05-06T15:42:56Z  in response to waldstein

The 'Permission denied' error is likely because the SSH keys, which Streams relies on to communicate between hosts, have not been properly set up.   To (re)configure the SSH environment, you can use the InfoSphere Streams First Steps application (http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/streams/v3r0/topic/com.ibm.swg.im.infosphere.streams.install-admin.doc/doc/ibminfospherestreams-install-first-steps-application.html), which requires X11.  

Alternatively, you can use the following command-line instructions: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/streams/v3r0/topic/com.ibm.swg.im.infosphere.streams.install-admin.doc/doc/ibminfospherestreams-user-configuring-secureshellaccess.html