• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-16T17:17:35Z by MaitreBart
MaitreBart
MaitreBart
84 Posts

Pinned topic Hidden accessor/mutator

‏2013-05-14T16:31:07Z |

I'm using Rhapsody 7.5.1.

I'm looking at a base and a derived classes (that I did not create).

In a method of the derived class I can see a call to an accessor (getIpAddr() method).

In Rhapsody, I cannot see the accessor method neither in the derived class nor the base class.

I used the debugger and was surprised to see that the generated produced the code for both the "hidden"  accessor and mutator in the base class.

Then I searched in the properties of the base class and could not find anything related to hiding mutator and accessor.

Can anyone explain this magic to me?

• shanz9903
    shanz9903
    314 Posts

Re: Hidden accessor/mutator

‏2013-05-15T08:35:01Z  

Two points here :-

1) Surely there must be a property on an attribute (ipAddr ?), such as CPP_CG::Attribute::AccessorGenerate/MutatorGenerate.

2) If you want to un-hide the autogenerated methods and show them in the Rhapsody browser, set the Project-level property CG::CGGeneral::GeneratedCodeInBrowser

• MaitreBart
    MaitreBart
    84 Posts

‏2013-05-15T17:10:38Z  
    • shanz9903
    • ‏2013-05-15T08:35:01Z

Two points here :-

1) Surely there must be a property on an attribute (ipAddr ?), such as CPP_CG::Attribute::AccessorGenerate/MutatorGenerate.

2) If you want to un-hide the autogenerated methods and show them in the Rhapsody browser, set the Project-level property CG::CGGeneral::GeneratedCodeInBrowser

Both points are as you said.

My guess at this point is that there must be a local override of the project settings where only certain attributes have their auto-generated methods hidden from the browser.

Let me know if you have any clue.

• shanz9903
    shanz9903
    314 Posts

‏2013-05-16T08:17:38Z  

Both points are as you said.

My guess at this point is that there must be a local override of the project settings where only certain attributes have their auto-generated methods hidden from the browser.

Let me know if you have any clue.

So the base class doesn't have an attribute called ipAddr?

• MaitreBart
    MaitreBart
    84 Posts

‏2013-05-16T13:17:32Z  
    • shanz9903
    • ‏2013-05-16T08:17:38Z

So the base class doesn't have an attribute called ipAddr?

Sorry, yes it does, as per other attributes. But it appears "ipAddr" is not the only one to have its getters/setters hidden in the browser but generated in the source code; the other attributes react the same way.

I provided a screenshot of the base class' CPP_CG attribute and operation properties (rhap_bclass_prop_cppcg_attr1.png and rhap_bclass_prop_cppcg_oper1.png). And the ipAddr's CPP_CG attribute properties (rhap_ipaddr_prop_cppcg_attr1.png).

Note the package containing the classes was copied recently from a project in reference by the main project directly into the main project itself (and that referenced package scoped out of the component of course).

• shanz9903
    shanz9903
    314 Posts

‏2013-05-16T15:38:32Z  

Sorry, yes it does, as per other attributes. But it appears "ipAddr" is not the only one to have its getters/setters hidden in the browser but generated in the source code; the other attributes react the same way.

I provided a screenshot of the base class' CPP_CG attribute and operation properties (rhap_bclass_prop_cppcg_attr1.png and rhap_bclass_prop_cppcg_oper1.png). And the ipAddr's CPP_CG attribute properties (rhap_ipaddr_prop_cppcg_attr1.png).

Note the package containing the classes was copied recently from a project in reference by the main project directly into the main project itself (and that referenced package scoped out of the component of course).

Seems OK to me.  You can either hide all auto-generated methods or show them all using the CG::CGGeneral::GeneratedCodeInBrowser.

The ipAddr attribute has CPP_CG::Attrribute::AccessorGenerate ticked so that is why you get the method in the source code.

• MaitreBart
    MaitreBart
    84 Posts

‏2013-05-16T17:17:35Z  
    • shanz9903
    • ‏2013-05-16T15:38:32Z

Seems OK to me.  You can either hide all auto-generated methods or show them all using the CG::CGGeneral::GeneratedCodeInBrowser.

The ipAddr attribute has CPP_CG::Attrribute::AccessorGenerate ticked so that is why you get the method in the source code.

The project's CG::CGGeneral::GeneratedCodeInBrowser is checked. So I wonder why the accessors/mutators are not showing in the browser?

The situation is this one: if I don't see an accessor in the list of operation, then I will create one manually. This duplicates unnecessary code. We want to avoid that.